arc update??

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I have been offline for almost a month and have not been able to keep up with this board. I'll catch up slowly but I don't wamt to wade through all the Arc postings tonight.
Can someone take pity on me and give me any highlights. Esp. cpf edition, XR? and anything else I shouldn't have missed. I wish I had more notice on Tech Associates mod 4. Oh well we don't allways need the latest greatest brightest
shocked.gif
grin.gif
Do we??
Silly question I know. Thanks for any input.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
O.K. witsend, here it is AFAIK. XR, 11 hrs run before testing equip crashed. CPF edition, still talk but talk is looking closer. ARC-UV now with Cree chip. Way more output. Small batch of higher ranked turq led's to be made/shipped end of this month.
That's it. Have fun catching up.
Dana

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phred:
O.K. witsend, here it is AFAIK. XR, 11 hrs run before testing equip crashed<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, that was 11 days on the first XR version tested. The second version ran for about 15 hours.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig. My sincere apologies to you. I had days in my mind and typed hours. My mistake.
Peter. I ordered on your site the new UV and high rank turq AAA. I joked in my comments to you about ship my order in HA and ver 3.0 but from your above comments, "New version Arc-AAA 3.0 adds black HA, Chemkote interior, battery,
packaging. Shipping now in limited qty.", CAN I?.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gransee:

- New brighter Arc-AAA LEDs in UV, Red, Yellow and Orange. Shipping now in limited qty.

Peter Gransee
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I guess I'm just a die-hard
amber read:yellow LED fan
tongue.gif
Lots of experiments (to my eyes, anyway) show superior acuity with that color.
Now that the Arc-AAA is truly a mature product, I think I need one of those too, but-is the beam on that one more of a flood ....or a spot?
-Yeah!-I need another flashlight
blush.gif
blush.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phred:
Craig. My sincere apologies to you. I had days in my mind and typed hours. My mistake.
Peter. I ordered on your site the new UV and high rank turq AAA. I joked in my comments to you about ship my order in HA and ver 3.0 but from your above comments, "New version Arc-AAA 3.0 adds black HA, Chemkote interior, battery,
packaging. Shipping now in limited qty.", CAN I?.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw your note.
smile.gif
You asked for version 3.0 in a green finish. We don't have them in green. I did ship out all the new black 3.0 UV's we had to glowbug.com if you want to try and hit them up for one. We should have more here in 2 weeks.

Peter

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vcal:
[qb
I guess I'm just a die-hard
amber read:yellow LED fan
tongue.gif
Lots of experiments (to my eyes, anyway) show superior acuity with that color.
Now that the Arc-AAA is truly a mature product, I think I need one of those too, but-is the beam on that one more of a flood ....or a spot?
-Yeah!-I need another flashlight
blush.gif
blush.gif
[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The beam angle on the yellow is 15 degrees. Compare that to the white which is 20 degrees and the red, which is 24 degrees.

Peter

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Repeating Telephony and Phred, here's the highlights...

- Just got back from the SS (SHOT Show) in Vegas. Posted report and picture to Arc thread (page 17).
- XR tested in two versions. 15 hours and 11-day. No ship date.
- CPF blue has been tested, was shown at SS, being redone to make the HA tougher. Other finish colors tested at same time.
- 55 lumen High Dome orange LS proto shown at SS. 6 months to ship.
- New LS retainers shipped to all LS owners
- New version Arc-AAA 3.0 adds black HA, Chemkote interior, battery, packaging. Shipping now in limited qty. New price to pay for it all is $28.95
- Limited run of brighter "EV" turquiose Arc-AAA's in 2 weeks
- New brighter Arc-AAA LEDs in UV, Red, Yellow and Orange. Shipping now in limited qty.

Peter Gransee

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gransee:
Repeating Telephony and Phred, here's the highlights...

- 55 lux High Dome orange LS proto shown at SS. 6 months to ship.

Peter Gransee
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that 55 Lux or Lumen?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter. My note to you did say green what is the color I call that came on my LE. I know, you call it natural finish buts it's a green to me and I like it. Anywho, let my order stand with you in "black". I can wait two weeks or so. Oh what the heck, add that bright 15 deg yellow/amber to my order.
grin.gif
Why do we do this? Hi, my name is Dana and I'm a flashaholic.
wink.gif
shocked.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sean:
Is that 55 Lux or Lumen?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Mistake. It is 55 lumen.

Peter