Firefly series

Greymage

Enlightened
Has anyone watched the Firefly series? Sort of a sci-fi western show that was on cable for less than a season.

I saw rave reviews (like 1000 glowing reviews) for the series DVD collection when I was on Amazon so I bought it, and I must say the episodes I've seen so far have been great. Hope it's true about there being a movie coming out.

AlphaTea

Enlightened
I remember that one, it was pretty good too. As I remember it only ran for about 10 or 11 episodes and disappeared. I never even saw it in re-runs.
What network was it on?

arioch

Enlightened
I bought the DVD box set the first week it came out.
LOVED the series!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Adam Baldwin was a hoot!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
Morena Baccarin ... MMMM!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif
Jewel Staite was adorable!!!
Ticked me off when FOX cancelled it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Read somewhere that the DVD sales were a factor in the approval for the feature film "Serenity".

Sooo .... "Firefly" DVD series ... BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT!
Aaanddd ... "Serenity" movie ... SEE IT! SEE IT! SEE IT!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

arioch

Enlightened
I bought the DVD box set the first week it came out.
LOVED the series!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Adam Baldwin was a hoot!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
Morena Baccarin ... MMMM!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif
Jewel Staite was adorable!!!
Ticked me off when FOX cancelled it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Read somewhere that the DVD sales were a factor in the approval for the feature film "Serenity".

Sooo .... "Firefly" DVD series ... BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT!
Aaanddd ... "Serenity" movie ... SEE IT! SEE IT! SEE IT!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Greymage

Enlightened
This is depressing, I'm halfway through the DVDs now. No way are they going to last until the movie comes out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
The commercials left me with the impression that it borrowed heavily from the structure of the anime series Outlaw Star.

Joel

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if there are episodes on the DVD's that were never shown on TV? I loved that show and it was definitely "Tivo Worthy." I'll purchase the DVD set if there's new stuff! Jewel reminds me of an old flame, what a cutie pie!

Greymage

Enlightened
According to the blurb on Amazon, it includes 3 never-aired episodes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joel

Newly Enlightened
Worth the price of admission! I'm going to buy the set today!!! Thanks Grey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

bmsmith

Enlightened
When it came out on TV I watched 10 minutes of the first episode and couldn't get into it. Turns out FOX decided to play the episodes in a different order than Joss Whedon (creator) wanted them to be played in. I think that might be why I didn't like it. I just never gave it a chance. The DVDs have the episodes in Joss's preferred order.

Anyway, after a friend got the DVDs from Netflix a couple months ago, we watched all of the episodes and now I think the series was AWESOME. I hope the movie does really well so they will give the series a second shot.