Do you play a musical instrument?

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to play a Euphonium (like a smaller Tuba) but I was hiring it and it got too expensive. I can't afford to buy one. It was a really cool instrument, with mellow sounds. I played it for about 5 years.

I have a piano, so now I should learn to play that better. I would love to be good at the piano, but I have to practice for ages before I can really play a piece well.

How about everyone else?

Stefan

Enlightened
I used to play a clarinet in junior high / high school for like 4 years. I also got a chance to practice on a saxaphone for a month or two quite a few years back. I had skills of reading sheet music, and sometimes I could play tunes by ear. (By this I mean I could play tunes from memory that I heard at one point or another).

LukeK

Enlightened
I played the piano for a few years but gave it up a while back. I started on the drums many years ago and currently I beat out my frustrations on these:

dsetup2.jpg

(I'll be happy to get rid of the image if some find it to be too large)

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
My baby....A Peavey Wolfgang st. flametop.
00376860.jpg

I actually have several guitars, but this is my favorite electric.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kazoos are pretty fun... I play the guitar myself, altho been pretty stagnant on my skills for the last few yrs already... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

GeoffChan

Enlightened
I used to play Saxophone for 5 years during my High School days, played Alto, Baritone and Tenor (not at the same time)

I also own a Yamaha Soprano Saxophone.

Geoff

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I played the trumpet in grammar school and guitar through the early to mid 90's. Haven't played either in many years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Might take piano and voice lessons now that I am back in college.

kaseri

Enlightened
Guitar player here. I've been playing for 17 or 18 years now. When I was younger I played in a few different "alternative" style bands and went on tours that took me across this country. We were signed to a couple of different labels which put out a couple of our albums that sold pretty well. Now that I'm older I've traded in most of my electric guitar gear for a nice acoustic.

Spudman

Enlightened
I'm a guitar player too. I was born and raised in Nashville and it's the law. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gary

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Classically trained violinist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Studied that in college. Don't know how I ever talked my way into a real job. Always wanted to be a composer but academic composition is more about making strange noises than music so I didn't pursue it at that point.

Also play the guitar, but mostly only questionable folk songs at parties after a few drinks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I did however, play in some bands long enough to get some great pictures taken. They are on my website along with some mp3's of the jazz band I used to play electric fiddle with and some other compositions.

link in my profile if anybody cares /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I used to play the violin and electric bass axe, but these days I just play the tape deck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I haven't played the violin since I was 14 (it somehow became broken), and I haven't played the bass axe since I was 18 or 19.

Zephyr

Enlightened
I play drums and clarinet.

Wow LukeK, that's an awesome looking drumset you got there! Is that a custom drum? What brand is it? That matching snare drum looks pretty cool with its vintage lugs and die cast rims. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saxophone and Tuba in high school. Bass and regular Guitar plus keyboards (back in the day they were just called "organs"). Mostly I collect and tinker with Guitars, especially trashed pawn shop specials.

Stickles01

Newly Enlightened
I've probably played guitar for about oh, 9 years, off and on. I never really tried to make anything up, I'll just get the tab and learn a specific song that I like. I've recently gotten the finger picking bug, and can't get away from it. I'd like to take lessons and learn some scales.