Macguyver......

gessner17

Enlightened
Did you guys use to watch this show??? It was the best, I happend to pick up the entire series on video cd, very decent quality, whoever did these spent a lot of time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yes, it was a great show! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

although watching reruns on teevee recently have left me with a bit of a sour taste, he doesn't even carry a flashlight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif
i thought he was better than that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

gessner17

Enlightened
Haha, I never thought about that, I guess back then, a Swiss Knive was the "in " thing

MacGyver

Newly Enlightened
Macwhat? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Never heard of it!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
LoL

I liked Mr. Anderson way better in that than Stargate, but to each his own...

jtice

Flashaholic
That show kicked butt !!!!!!!
I used to watch that alll the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ahhhh memories..... what ones are left

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really liked it in the beginning. but it went downhill and got further and further out there as time went on.

I'd watch the first season over again though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
a lot of the stuff he rigged up would never work.
still not a bad show cable re runs it all the time.
stargate is kool hard to beleve 7 years all ready.
star gate atlantis ?
I have to quit typing in the dark by the light of my monitor.

nightshade

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
I really liked it in the beginning. but it went downhill and got further and further out there as time went on.

I'd watch the first season over again though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
The first season was cool! After that it seemed poor Angus Macgyver had amnesia at least once per season thereafter.A lack of creative writing ideas I presume.
There were vague rumors of another series being planned with Macgyver's son as the lead. Don't know if the project was scrubbed though. I believe Macgyver would have upgraded to the new Led SAK's if they were available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gessner17

Enlightened
It is kind of fun to watch them all in order, I'm still trying to find the 2 movies, haven't been able find those anywhere.

nightshade

Enlightened
Gessner, keep a eye on E-Bay, the final two movies will infrequently show up on VHS. Another rare item is the sole Macgyver novel "Macgyver -On Thin Ice". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Stargate any good? I see them on DVD at Sam's club for reasonable prices. Although liked MacGuyver, for whatever reason never watched Stargate.

matt_j

Enlightened
I wonder how much SAK bill was? I cant belive they were using the same knife over and voer again? Or maybe even cheap Chinese replicas...

I used to watch it all the time. I came to the US in 1990 when I was 12 years old and I thought this was the best stuff on earth. I had Polish version of SAK (no jokes please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) and really wanted an original one but couldn't afford one. I'm still convinced I can stop a radioactive leak with snickers bar and roll of duct tape.

Matt

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
geepondy, stargate is lots of fun. it won't change your religion or even political affiliation or anything, but it's one of the few programs that I Tivo and actually watch at some point. Very much fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The second spin off series is starting this friday. I'll try watching that for a while too and see how it is.

This is one of those strange cases where the series on tv is considerably better in every way from the movie that it was based on.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
MacGyver...one of my favorite television series from days gone by. Some episodes were rather ludicrous, though...

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
markdi said:
a lot of the stuff he rigged up would never work.

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean you can't rig up an alarm with a car battery, horn, and a rusty sprocket? Shattered illusions! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

gessner17

Enlightened
the most unreal one was when he took apart a shot shell and used the gun powerder to melt the lead, it burnt forever!! It should have went up in one big POOF!!