Arc 4+ test to 70'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc 4+ test to 70\'

Well last night I took my Arc 4+ to a depth of 46'. The switch still worked fine at that depth and it remained bone dry on the inside. Saturday I will take it down to about 90' and see how it does.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Arc 4+ test to 46\'

How did the light perform at that depth or even the deeper depth when you go? Will it produce enough light to be a effective dive light?

Thanks

Curtis

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
cue003 said:
How did the light perform at that depth or even the deeper depth when you go? Will it produce enough light to be a effective dive light?

Thanks

Curtis

[/ QUOTE ]

It would work much better in clear water I am in diving in water with 5' to 15' of visibility. The switch seemed to work fine and I could even use it with 5mm gloves on.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I'll go ahead and add this to my Arc4 web page.
I don't have access to water this deep, so your testing is much appreciated, thank you!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok I took it out this morning again. The light self activates at 66' and then will not turn off until 37'. If the lights is activated below 50' the light will stay on until 37' also. But the switch works fine to 49'. The max depth for todays dive was 70' and it stay completely dry.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome data JT. Thanks! Self activation debt is a result of many factors but mostly the area of the external button membrane and the contact pressure.

Peter

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: Arc 4+ test to 70\'

I posted the data to my Arc4+ web page, as an addendum to the update I made this morning.
Thank you JT!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Arc 4+ test to 70\'

I was at about 16m with it this weekend and it did not self activate. I even could do the double click with no problem (semi tactical) with 3mm gloves. Useful brightness is about the same as a 5W halogen torch.
Did not do the planned night dive as dinner was too much and the wine too good...

Status
Not open for further replies.