attn flasholhics do ya neebeers think r crazy?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
reason i ask is a pic i saw on this board a week ago.lol was a cool beam shot pic to us but to a neebeer it was guy lineing up flashlights along his garage door and then turning em on.then lol after that takes a pic of em all. i can only imaginen what the nebber is thinking at this point /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifand me lol i am out every night playing with my lights. but lol its ok they know im crazy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
you *crazy,* Rags!

I often wonder what the neighbors thing when they see a searchlight come out of my kitchen window to sweep the backyard of our apartment building.

daloosh

nightshade

Enlightened
Not until I chased off two raccoons with a Arc 4 in SOS mode at 2 o'clock in the morning, in my boxers.I didn't think my next door neighbors would be awake, but due to a party, they were. I've lost alot of my ability to feel embarrassment since the military, but realizing they probably did not see the two garbage can bandits, it was a old feeling that I hope not to experience again too soon .

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol. I am also out every night shining my lights. I don't know what the neighbours think of it, but my wife thinks I'm crazy, and she always tells me to come inside before they call the cops. I then just shine the lights out the window. I think I must make some people mad, because the best medium to long range flat areas for beam comparisons are on peoples garages down the road and over a bit of a field. The side-spill probably gets in their windows.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My closest neighbours are guests in a swanky hotel across the street. When I start shining flashlights or lasers around and they're reaching for their telephones or closing their curtains, it's probably a pretty good bet they're freaked out.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: attn flasholhics do ya neebeers think r crazy

I've had numerous incidents with neighbors in the past. One guy even accused me of scouting out his house for a robbery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've basically given up on doing beam comparisons (that's Luxspeak for playing with flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) in my local neighborhood. It isn't very dark around here anyway.

I found a beach not too far away where people do night fishing. You can see people with flashlights, headlamps, and even red and green LEDs walking around. That's where I now go for any serious flashlight usage. Makes me feel right at home. Just like I was back in the Adirondack mountains, which I miss terribly.