The worst songs ever

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
What's the worst song you've ever heard? The one that sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard? The one that, if it was a person, you'd want to have locked up forever?

One of my all-time worst favorites is "Brand New Key" (Ohhhh, I've got a brand new pair of rollerskates, you've got a brand new key..."
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/knight.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has to be Agadoo by Black Lace /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Laugh at me" by Sonny Bono
Horrible song, poory written to be blend with the bad melody...don't forget Sonny Bono's wonderful voice.

"We built this city (on rock and roll)"
Jefferson Starship
Sickening top 40 garbage from a band that has no excuse. Come on guys! You used to be Jefferson Airplane!

"Hotel California" Stevie B (remake)
This crap came out around 9 years ago. Imagine a classic song about the Satanic Church being recast as a soulful love song. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

"Play that funky music (white boy)
Remake by Vanilla Ice
Yo! Think about it.

Boy bands, girl bands, himbos, bimbos and others that can't play instruments, have no ability to write songs, music or sing. I can't see butts, boobs or dance moves on speakers.

Why yes, I used to be a club DJ in the 80's and 90's... I can ignore any type of music except the above.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
the song that purple dinosaur sang
I love you you love me---what ever

my next door neihbor has a dog that barks and whines for hours and hours

I combat this by putting a high powered very focoused speaker in a window facing their house and playing the barney song in repeat mode in my dvd player.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
The absolute worst song ever, because it makes no figgin' sense whether you're drunk or sober, is Neil Diamond's "I am I said."

And our first runnerup is his "Love on the Rocks." I can't get through the lyrics without bringing on a major headache.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlightboy,
Love songs don't count! Guys will listen to ANYTHING if the female they are interested likes it. The hormone rush dulls the senses so you will survive...really!

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
On second thought my rendition of country western music is the worst song of all time.

Drumroll please... "Oh Ruby, don't take your love to town."

BF Hammer

Enlightened
M - m - m - My Sharona!

How quickly we all forget the number one rock song of 1979. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
There's that one that McDonald's used for a little while in their jingles... whatIwantwhatIwantwhatireaalyreallyreallywant...
Agh! Makes me chaange the channel every time.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
The worst songs ever are the ones that appear on your otherwise favourite albums, but you can't stand them. Such as "Cecilia" by S&G, or "Locomotive Breath" by Jethro Tull. Track 7 (whatever it is called) on OK Computer by Radiohead counts too. So does "Revolution 9" on the white album.

I hate those songs.

Bill.H

Enlightened
Anything by Michael Jackson, or his twin, Barry Manilow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
bindibadgi said:
The worst songs ever are the ones that appear on your otherwise favourite albums, but you can't stand them. Such as "Cecilia" by S&G, or "Locomotive Breath" by Jethro Tull. Track 7 (whatever it is called) on OK Computer by Radiohead counts too. So does "Revolution 9" on the white album.

[/ QUOTE ]

...numbah niyne... numbah niyne... numbah niyne...

The infamous phrase that, when played backwards, says...
"buy more albums... buy more albums..."
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I turned it backwards, and I could distinctively hear "Turn me on Edmund, turn me on Edmund!"

Greta

Flashaholic
Whatever that song is by "Dirty Vega" for that car commercial where the girl is in the front seat doing weird robot crap with her arms and hands. I HATE that song! And I hate that girl... she just annoys the snot out of me.

OH! ... and "Mambo #5"... talk about annoying... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

scooter

Newly Enlightened
ANYTHING BY 'JOURNEY'
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/knight.gif