Caution 'Toilet' humor follows.....

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Caution \'Toilet\' humor follows.....

A lot of communities have outdoor facilities for thier citizens' use but they are crampy, hot and kind of funky. This looks like a prototype for one that even claustraphobic people could use. The silvered exterior will reflect away the sun's heat. You could even have a head's up if a car comes careening down the sidewalk towards you. Not that it would help.

The exterior view:

from_outside.jpg

And the view from the throne:

from_inside.jpg

That is all I feel comfortable saying right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Caution \'Toilet\' humor follows.....

Uh, That toilet doesn't look like a good idea. Is this a real thing for normal people or is some kind of a Voyuerism something.(or a joke) The thought of seeing all those people passing by while I take a sh-- will probably make me constipated instantly.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast

How is that, for people to see in and you can't see out?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's like in interrogation rooms. I have actually seen glass like that, and it's pretty cool. Sometimes if you get really close to it, you can see in though.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah but you could see if someone was coming up really close, and make sure they really had something to write home about! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hold a very powerful light in your hand. The moment they look close blast it in their eyes.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

That fixture looks like a stainless steel prison comby. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

IIRC, that "one way glass" effect depends heavily on different light levels between the two sides. In the day it's darker inside making it so people can't see in. At night.......???

coachbigdog

Enlightened

I think almost everyone WOULD try and look in just from curiosity.No way could I use that bathroom.Where was this picture taken?Is this for real?!

FNinjaP90

Enlightened

The restrooms in CityBites have one-way windows. The window is right behind the toilet so you are facing it when you take a ****. The first time I went, I literally crapped myself when I was taking a **** and some guy just walked past me. Only then did I realize it was one-way.

Negeltu

Enlightened

I believe they first started doing this in either China or Japan.. I forget which... hmmm

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got the pics from our advertising graphic designer. When he is not busy golfing or desiging logos or whatever he sends us these kinds of things. He must get enough from a few clients to not have to do steady work. It prohably is for real.

There are some stainless toilets (not connected to the sink) on a city bike trail. Also not in the see through privy. They even have a stainless non hinged seat. Great concept, unbreakable.

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened

This is for real I watched a program on an educational cable channel and they did a small thing about it. The toilet is I belive located in england. and people did go right upto the mirror to look in! thats when you thwack the glass with your hand!
anyway I would use it.
I have realy bad bladder problems and realy wish public bathrooms where easer to gain acess to here in my state.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

I honestly think I couldn't sh*t in there!
Pissing would be doable, but ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
bernhard

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened

yeh I should make a bit of a correction, I would only wish to use that for urinating. Tis better then piddling in one's pants. Or getting arrested for urinating in public.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I don't think I could use that for either function, at least not without building up some confidence first that it really was a one-way window during daytime hours. I'd probably have to stop by there under several different lighting conditions and look inside from the outside and vice-versa.

What a weird concept though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wonder what the homeless would /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif Does it get cold in the part of England the toilet is located? If so, I assume the thing must have some form of heating. Imagin sitting down on a 10 deg C toilet seat if it wasn't!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Can someone make an educated guess as to why one would want to see the outside of the general toilet area when doing one's business??

leadfoot

Newly Enlightened

I do believe it's scatalogical art

You do have to admit it would not be the eyesore as our regular privys

I prefer to return the food where it was purchased

d

leadfoot