Recharg.MiniLight with a perfect Beam(Beam Shots!)

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I found the perfect optics for a small light. A couple of days ago I ordered this "in a car cigarette lighter chargeable" mini mini light. In fact it is smaller then any other Mini Light (for example NanoMate). You can see the size of this light in comparison to the Coke:

2924_z.jpg

I thought the best thing about this light is that it can be charged in a cigarette lighter. This was until I turned it on. The beam just blew me away... When looking at this tiny light it seems brighter then my other Mini Lights?? I have never seen such a focused tight beam coming out of such a small light.

Here check out the amazing beam shots... (in the pics the beam seems to not to be coming out straight - but this is somehow caused by the camera optics or the angle I took these pictures at. The light has a beautiful beam coming out toally straight. One equally bright hotspot, no side spill.

vw1.JPG

vw2.JPG

vw3.JPG

Unfortunately the thing seems to be pretty much un-modable. The top is all plastic, to turn on the light you just twist the head it then pops out a litle bit which turns on the light. A twist back turns it off (and shortens the light).
No ideas so far how to put a luxeon in there. It seems the only way to do it is to cut apart the black plastic. My wife saw it and wanted two immediately - one for the purse one to replace the cigarette ligher in the car.

I tried to take a beamshot showing the light next to my ARC LS1 but the ARC stopped working for some reason.

The optics of this minilight seems to contain some strong lens to produce this amazing beam...
I got the light from here... and so far it is my smallest and brightest mini light.
http://drivergear.vw.com/store/accessory.asp?parent_category_id=12&category_id=43&subcategory_id=165&product_id=2924#

Ok now someone put a regulated Luxeon in there while keeping these amazing optics...

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
It's a halogen light. Maybe someone sells it cheaper? Site is sort of "high end".

Bill

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Recharg.MiniLight with a perfect Beam(Beam Sho

Well runtime for full brightness is about 10 to 15min... but 45min afterwards there is still a bit of light. The light doesn't seem to be regulated