CMG Infinity LED wavelengths

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've become enamored with the CMG Infinity Ultra and lately, the Infinities. In addition to the Ultra I finally got an Ultra-G. I have used green and blue lights quite a bit over the years and I was interested in a green Infinity but when I ordered it was such a good deal that I also ordered one each in blue-green, blue, and amber.

I've been playing with them for a few days now, switching colors to test them on different tasks. I'm more impressed than I thought I'd be. They are workhorses. The GREEN and BLUE-GREEN are powerhouses but I am facinated by all of them.

I've been trying to find the wavelengths of the following Infinity LEDs in nm:

--- GREEN
--- BLUE-GREEN
--- BLUE
--- AMBER

I've searched CPF and Googled around looking for these numbers without any joy.

Has anyone run across these numbers anywhere? Any guesses?

Thanks

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The green LED Infinity I have (one of the earlier models) appears to have a dominant wavelength (where you would point to on a color chart) of 520nm, and the amber has a dominant wavelength of approximately 585nm.
As an additional figure you did not ask for, the red Infinity has a dominant wavelength of approximately 630nm.
I don't have a blue-green or blue one, so I cannot tell you the wavelength of those.

I had a blue Infinity for a short period, I believe it had a dominant wavelength of approximately 473nm; since I do not have it anymore I cannot confirm this.

Hope this information is helpful to you, even though it's incomplete (missing the blue-green and verified blue wavelengths).

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Sub, you're more than welcome.
Anything I can do to help, I'll certainly try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now, does anybody else know the dominant wavelengths of the blue-green and blue Infinities?

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually emailed Gerber customer support and asked them about the LEDs and I got a prompt reply stating that, "...While we are continuing to carry many of the CMG lights, the Infinity lights you have mentioned are no longer being manufactured..."

Does this mean that the new tail switch we've heard about is just for the Ultra, and that they have dumped the Infinity? Lots can get lost between manufacturing and customer support. I don't know. Fear of that exact situation is what caused me to order seven of the small CMG variants two weeks ago. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to get them or that they would be changed and I wouldn't like the change. (I even found a SONIC-G /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

If anyone else is suffering from the deep itch of Sudden Infinity Withdrawl Syndrome there is still a good selection at great prices and cheap domestic shipping at LED Light.com's Bargain Basement. I ordered four Infinities from this page a couple weeks ago and they came very quickly and the S & H was only about $4.