Undark

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

which of the above lights will suit the purpose of an emergency
signalling device best?

Thanks!

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Eternalight. Glo-Toobs are only marker lights, they're not bright enough to use as a signalling device.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Glo-Toob is probably one of the best marker lights available, but it isn't for signalling. It doesn't have a momentary on function, and it's "beam" is 360, not directional.

Reptilezs

Enlightened
well you could tie a piece of para cord on to the glow toob and swing it in a circular motion if you wanted to signal with it

fluorescent

Enlightened
The glo-toob fx has these features:

1. 100% Constant On
2. 25% Constant On
3. Equal Flash
4. Beacon Strobe
5. Slow Strobe
6. SOS
7. Throb

nexro

Enlightened
Go with the Eternalights. I got a few ergoX-rays during the sale and it's really nice. Built to last and the 3xAA batteries will last very long.

Pwdrkeg

Enlightened
How about TurboFlare 360 - It's "eye-catching" L.E.D. Technology brightly illuminates to signal help from miles away. Protect your loved ones from oncoming traffic, and alert first response vehicles to your exact location. TurboFlare's official look is also a deterrent to predators. Use your Turb Flare for disabled vehicles, 9-1-1 home situations, distressed watercraft, and outdoor emergencies; the TurboFlare 360, just another thought. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Tom

JJHitt

Enlightened
Unless weight is the issue, I'd go with a xenon strobe and not an LED. There are very affordable (cheap) strobes out there and they WILL be noticed a lot further off than any LED flasher.

I guess it just depends on how big an "emergency" you are planning on having...