Need help with paypal and flashlightlens.com

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
Hello,

I'm using paypal for the first time, and i want to order a 01160 bulb from flashlightlens.com.
But when i order, i can only use a creditcard from what i can see.
Am i doing something wrong or does flashlightlens.com only accept paypal with creditcard?
I don't have a creditcard so i have to use paypal with a bank tranfer.

Thanks

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
As far as I know, we're set up to receive payments from just about anything and anyone with PayPal. Do you have an account with PayPal set up already? This may be required before it allows you to use alternative payment methods - like bank transfers or "e-checks."

If all elses fails, we'll always accept payment by mail.

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
Thanks for your reply, allthough i recieved and email allready (my bad, should have emailed first).
But i'm not sure what you mean, i just registerd with paypal and activated it, and that's pretty much it.
I really don't know how paypal works with bank tranfers and stuff.

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
You have to verify your bank account with PayPal. It looks to me like you haven't done that yet.

Go to "add a bank account" and enter its information. You will then be given 2 small deposits in the next week or so. Report that back to PayPal as proof and your bank account will be verified. You can then get your WA01160.

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies.
On the overview page status is: Dutch - Unverified, i guess you mean that FNinjaP90?
I have entered my back account's information, but i don't understand the second part of your reply.
Does paypal just take some money and tranfer it to my paypal account or something?

Thanks

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
They deposit like $.03 and $.02 or something on a few different days. You'll tell them the days and how much and they'll consider the account verified.

I think that's how it works anyway....It's been a while....

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, i just activated my PP from M'sia, they just recently added M'sia to the list... We're only allowed c/card transactions, no linking to the local banks yet. With my case, they CHARGE USD1.95 or something like that to your c/card for verification, and when you receive your following month's c/card statement, you are supposed to get the verification number from that charge that PP did, then enter that code in to verify your c/card. Upon verification, PP will credit the same amount ($1.95 or so) back to the next transaction that you do. That's how it worked on my side, dunno about linked bank accounts though... maybe its different for each country? Anyway, hope it helps...

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
Thanks Stanley.
But i don't think that works for me as i don't have a creditcard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Or i possibly misunderstood your post.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
When it verified my bank account, Paypal made two withdrawls of a few cents each; when I got my bank statement, I input the numbers from these withdrawls into Paypal, and that verified the bank account. So I could deposit to it or withdrawl from it via Paypal.

I only recently added my bank ATM card number (one of those "debit" cards), and that "verified" my address.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
It's been several years since I had to do that, so I honestly don't remember. Sorry about that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

My best guess is that you'll find a "Verify bank account" link somewhere on your Paypal page after you log yourself in.