Streamlight 4AA Pro-poly

wyomoose

Newly Enlightened
I sent my brother in-law in Iraq a Streamlight 4AA back in March or around there since then 2 switches have gone out of it. Streamlight is very good about sending him switches for it but it takes 2 to three weeks to get there. Is there any other switches besides streamlights that might work with this light that I can send him? Any other suggestions? He really likes the light he has others but he uses it the most.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't heard any reports about this happening. I have both the LED, and Xenon version, they work fine.

Don't know of another replacement.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF wyomoose

I suggest he requests that Streamlight sends him little bag of spare switches next time, and that he gets himself another one (since he likes it so much).

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is sand entering during battery changes, preventing proper switch actuation or closure of the contacts? My five year old PP-4A has been trouble free. Let us know if you get to the bottom of this peculiar problem.

wyomoose

Newly Enlightened
Not sure of all the reasons why it has gone bad. I don't get to talk to him my little sister just tells me when his light goes bad since I sent it to him and I have called streamlight for them. tonight when I talked to her she said she had bought another at costco for him so he will have 2. I am curious to see if the other one has switch problems. I know it isn't as bright but I ordered him a peak AA 5 red LED high power this week. Before he went we gave him a G2 but he can't always get batts for it and the AAs he can get pretty easy. He is supposed to be sending me a E-mail some day when he does i will ask him more about the switch issue.

Latest posts