This just struck me as funny

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
From SF's homepage:

"What do you do when things go bump in the
night? If you're prepared for the worst, you
reach for the E2d Defender..."

I don't know about you, but if I'm preparing for the worst, it involves at least a 6D Mag-Lite, or hopefully something along the lines of a Rem 870 or CZ-52.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
He said or, not and. I hope you don't miss that Eric. Never considered that there might be a light mounted on his Remington 870?

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
Under 4 ounces*

You can do more freakin damage to someone with a fork than an E2d... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

across the pond

Newly Enlightened
That's precisely why my blaster sits beside my bed. It's the most solid lump of flashlight I've got, and I know it'll still be working after it's whacked something... ;-)

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya know, it occurs to me that the Mag 6D would come back into vogue perhaps if someone developed a bayonet attachment for it. That's be one cool polearm.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, a bayonet--I'll have to work on that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have often thought about some kind of spear point that threads in the tailcap. Sort of like what some "defense sticks" come with.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Hmm.. maybe you could disguise it as the belt clip from Hell too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

190 lumens (W-bin, max output) out the front, direct drive from 6 NiMH D, either that or the Inretech Helios. Ouch from both ends.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
The flash from the end of my .357 will light up the room plenty,if someone decides to "go bump in the night"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

coachbigdog

Enlightened
Believe me,IT'S SCARY! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I once went to my parents house for something(don't remember what?) and was greeted by my Dad's .357 pointed at MY HEAD! He said,"SON, next time you come this late,you'd BETTER CALL!" So now I DO!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
So.. this Christmas Dad finds a Z3/C3 Centurion CombatLight under the tree? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I read about this incident where this guy thought someone was breaking into his car (parked in front of his house) and opened fire. He buried his daughter shortly after that. She was the one holding the keys. I'm just wondering whether they could have been spared all that with 105 lumens from a P90 incan.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL1 said:

I read about this incident where this guy thought someone was breaking into his car (parked in front of his house) and opened fire. He buried his daughter shortly after that. She was the one holding the keys. I'm just wondering whether they could have been spared all that with 105 lumens from a P90 incan.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is a very good point. One that most of us have probably overlooked. While I am very pro gun rights I am not sure that I have anything worth taking someones else's life over. And believe me I think a thief is lower than pond scum. If my life or my families life is in danger then that of course is a differnt story. I dont have any gun mounted lights but I do think they could be very useful for a home protection firearm. I really need to look into that. Be better to know what you are shooting at before you pull the trigger. One of the first things my dad taught me about firearms is to be sure of what you are aiming at before pulling the trigger.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
I definitely wouldn't shoot to kill unless I knew our lives were in danger,to mame(sp?)well that's a different story.I also have a light at my bedside.Make that 2,no 3 lights by my bedside.Might have to cycle thru to access the danger level!LOL