Arc 4+ Premium EDC question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev1-1

Enlightened
I have been away from the forum for awhile, but I have now been looking at the Arc4+ premium. Is this the best quality Arc LS now available? Does it have any problems? I have an E1e with a KL1 for EDC, is the Arc dramatically better for this purpose? (i.e smaller, brighter, whiter, longer running?)

Thanks for any help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
Well i don't have an Arc4.
But i think an Arc4 should be better than you KL1 because Arc uses hand selected leds for the best performance.
The KL1 is rated arround 17~20 lumens i believe, and the Arc4 rev2 arround 30lumens.

As for problems, some have problems with the switch on rev2, but i don't know exactly what that is, so i'll leave that to others.

simbad

Enlightened
The Arc 4+Rev2 gives 33-35 lumens of a really white light, the problems with the switch are fixed so if you get one you're not going wrong.I have few LSs to compare with and I think is the best EDC light you can have now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size compared to E1e/z57 :
a4_e1e.jpg

Being able to set 3 brightess levels (1 very dim mode and 2 user presettable levels) makes it a great EDC. No problems with my Rev1 unit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kev1-1

Enlightened
Thanks for all the useful info!! I am even more tempted now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Similar on the outside, yes. Flexibility.. IMHO, Arc4 wins hands down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

impact_blue

Newly Enlightened
Arc4+ over the LS & KL2 anyday. It just has the flexbility to be used in many situations where different levels of light output are required. Getting to the toilet in the cinema, or searching the backyard for what set the alarm off (rats not bad guys - I also has my Big Bad Bulkware MagMod but that OT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

It has an extremley clean white light and fits more easily into your pocket (clip or no clip - I prefer clipless to be honest - don't like bezel up carry IMHO).

Cheers,
Nathan

simbad

Enlightened
When sailing my Arc 4+ looks like a lighthouse against Streamlights 3C from the boat's security gear.At work every week I take a different boat and few of them are still having 2D Eveready or Energizer "orange" beam lights.At sea, few miles away is the best darkness to try a light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Empedocles

Newly Enlightened
In a word...... nope.

No doubt someone will rig something up to allow AA use with the Arc4. I don't think that Peter plans that sort of accessory. There will be a 2 x 123 tube, however.

toos

Newly Enlightened
I'm hoping Peter will make a 2xAA adapter as an option for his Arc 5+. I love the 123 and LS with twisty, but having a AA capability is a must if you do much traverling overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.