ArmyTek        

Thread: Need holster for SureFire E1e-HA

Flashaholic

Default Need holster for SureFire E1e-HA

I'm looking for a nylon holster/sheath with a belt loop or clip that will hold a SureFire E1e-HA.

I love my E1e but it's chewing up my jeans pockets. If I clip it to a belt loop, the belt itself, or the rim of a pocket, they get chewed up as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Default Re: Need holster for SureFire E1e-HA

I use a Surefire V21 . A bit of a tight fit because of the beltclip but it's small & snug.

Or you can try to find a suitable RipOffs one here

Flashaholic*

I EDC a ARC4 in a RipOffs CO-37. This holster is made for the E1e. I also EDC a Leatherman Juice in another CO-37. I have been using them every day for about a year and they are holding up great. They also fit the ARC LS, but a E1e/KL1 is to long for this holster.

Flashaholic

Craig720, The E1e-HA will fit in the Surefire V82 black, ballistic nylon holster. It has an extra-long velcro closure flap and a quick-release velcro belt loop. This holster will be a little large for the E1e since it is made for the E2e/E2o BUT, it will give you the option of using a KL1 + an F0? filter cover on the front and still be long enough. It will also give you the option of carrying the flashlight bezel-up or bezel-down. I like it for this flashlight only in the Surefire lineup.

Another holster that I like even better because it is better made all the way around is the "E2" holster from SOEgear.com. It is just a hair larger, much better quality, and comes in black or O.D. green. It functions in exactly the same way as the Surefire holster. Most of my Surefire lights live in SOEgear.com holsters. If you want to put ANY E2 series lights into a holster, use SOEgear's "A-2" holster. It will fit the E2e, E20, L4, L1, L2 (barely), and A-2 Surefire lights. Their "M6" holster is also an outstanding holster for the M3, M3T, and M6 Surefire lights. They also make holsters that are listed for use with the "M2" & "M3" Surefire lights BUT these still need to be improved and prototypes are being fine-tuned even as we speak. Hope this helps. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Thanks, guys. I appreciate your input.

If you want to still 'show off' your E1E & not get your clothes or belt chewed up too much, maybe you could consider McGizmo's favorite preferred carry option & here. . You can get the parts from here.

Flashaholic*

I've got a Victorinox sheath (made for a large SAK) that lets my E1e-HA ride very nicely.

-(a different) Craig

Yup, I found that the holster for my SAK Tinker fits very nicely - a bit snug and you have to push it in, but it works. I EDC both the Tinker and the E1e in a pocket though, so that's a moot issue. The 6P may have to ride in a holster.

Flashaholic

Very good idea. I took the sheath my SwissChamp and CyberTool 41 take turns riding in, and my E1e fit in very nicely.

Questions for you:

(1) Does your E1e ride lens up or down?

(2) Do you activate the lockout for thumb button?

Of course now I need another sheath for my beloved SAKs!

As I mentioned, I carry mine in a pocket (no holster), so it rides.. any which way it likes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] however, if I do decide to use the holster, it is lens up because the KL1 LED has a big bezel and doesn't go all the way down. As a result the holster doesn't close completely. If I put it in lens up, it works well. I prefer lens down if I have a choice as it enables me to draw the light with thumb already on the tailcap.

My E1e is usually not locked out, neither in the pocket nor in the holster. So far, I've had only one accidental discharge and I'm not so sure whether it was accidental, it may have been the batteries going.

I was initially worried about the HA3 and knurling taking a chunk out of my pockets, but so far it's been close to a year and neither are the worse for wear.

Flashaholic*

Craig720,
    My E1e rides bezel up or down (fits well both ways) and I generally keep it locked out, but that's because I EDC more than just the E1e -- I rattle a lit bit when I walk 'cause I carry a bunch o' stuff.

-(a different) Craig

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
    KevinL1 said:
    As I mentioned, I carry mine in a pocket

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeans, trouser, or jacket?

Jeans.