New 3 watt LED

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Has anyone tried the Nitestar 3 watt LED sold by Golden Gadgets?It is labeled as a 2 123 cell with a claimed 80 lumens and an 8 hour run time.It is shown with a stock # of S1705 and costs only 45 dollars.I am going to add a link if I can figure out how to do it.It appears to be a very attractive light at a good cost.
3 watt S1705

Robocop

Thanks for the information Coachbigdog.I never even saw it listed there and I did look at that site a few days back.I think I will try one due to the low cost and keep you all posted on my results...thanks again

AbnerCadaver

Banned
Robocop, I have one and like it alot. I cannot tell if it is regulated or not since I still have the original batteries(included with the light) and as far as I can tell after owning it for three weeks now and using it nightly for walking home, I cannot see any noticable decline in output. It kicks the pants out of everything that I own with the exception of my SureFire L4. The one watters look really "dim" next to this one. It's a keeper for me.

Abbie

Robocop

Well I sure do appreciate the info on this light.I thought it was kind of new as I have never seen it before on Goldens site however it must have been around for a while.I think that I am thinking on the purchase just because I like the look of the light.The cosmetic aspect is important to me as I have plenty of good performers already and find myself now drawn more towards appearence of the shell rather than the beam.I have found it fairly easy to replace an emitter with one of choice if it is not to my liking.I am now curious as to the mod potential of this light.I would love to try and make this a 5 watt running on 1 123 cell.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
Pm Led Museum,I bet he can tell you if it has good mod potential,which I bet it does.It looks to be pretty solid.