Arc 4+ switch just lost it's "feel" Know a Fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robby

Newly Enlightened
Arc 4+ switch just lost it\'s \"feel\" Know a Fix?

OK, I guess I posted my "Good Arc 4+ Switch" too soon!

Today, after a battery change, my 4+ switch feel suddenly became vaugue...also makes a sort of squeak sound when depressed. It is so bad feeling now, I can't really even do a good double click!

All I did was change the battery.Now it seems to have a bit too much rubber sticking out the button.

Bummer!

Does anyone know a quick fix short of sending it back to Peter?

Is the Switch user servicable? I can't figure out how it comes apart.

PLease help!

Darell

Flashaholic
Re: Arc 4+ switch just lost it\'s \"feel\" Know a Fix?

The actual switch is in the head, and is not user-serviceable. The pushbutton in the rear is user-serviceable, however. You simply unscrew the butt end (the rear knurled part) from the body, and the internals are quite obvious (and just fall out, or come out with a bush of the button). First thing I'd do is check and make sure that the actual switch in the head is OK. Put your finger and press on the middle of the webbed gold thing in there and make sure you can feel the click.

It may be that your battery is binding up in the body of the light. The battery needs to move in order to activate the switch. I'll bet you'll find the problem once you take it apart. Might want to slip the old dead battery back in there to make sure the switch feels right again. IF it does, then the new battery may be a slightly different shape, and that's what's giving you the problem.

Good luck,

robby

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Darell...I really meant the push button.

But when I take it of, the mechanism does not just fall out...how do I remove it?

Also, how do I re-assemble it?

Please help, I appreciate your input!

robby

Newly Enlightened

I should mention that my tail section appears to be only one piece...

robby

Newly Enlightened

OK, I checked the link, thanks BUT...is it possible that newer versions' tail piece is only one section? Because I tried to unscrew it to no avail. Also when I examine it closely there does not appear to be a join between the two knurled sections of the tail piece.

Am I missing something?

robby

Newly Enlightened

OK, never mind I figured it out! Thanks for all your help!

robby

Newly Enlightened

So that was brilliant! I love this forum...one minute I was really bummed and within about 5 minutes, thanks to the people in this thread, I had a crisp switch again!

My switch was exactly like the one shown in Psycho Fox's link...the foam ring had shifted out of place. I was able to fix it easily...and if it happens again I am an expert!

I am grateful for the help and thankful for the forum!!!!

PsychoFox

Newly Enlightened

You should thank the guy who made that page and took the fine pix and Darell's post.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

Glad it worked out, Robby - I knew it would. :thumbsups:

Being helpful to those in need is what the forum is all about - at least that's what we keep trying to convince ourselves. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.