Imalent        

Thread: P60 vs P61

Enlightened

Default P60 vs P61

What is the difference in THROW between P60 and P61?
    Quickbeam's chart says that both lamps have similar throw.

Compare G2(P60) vs M2 (p61)

Default Re: P60 vs P61

They are about the same. It's the size of the beam that increases - not the intensity (throw).

Enlightened

Yeah, I agree... P61 just an extra 55 lumens, but the beam is noticably wider than the P60. The filament on the P61 is a little larger, so the focus isn't as good. The spillbeam is also not as refined as the P61 but still a damn awesome lamp assembly.

My friend also has a G2(P60) while I have a P61. A direct comparison between mine and his G2 in a dark tunnel really shows that the P61 puts out a lot more light.. however, the end of the tunnel was not noticably more visible but the walls down the tunnel was.

Jeff

I like the P60 for it's power but I prefer the P61 for it's flood capability. The throw is the same, you just get more light with the P61 that's all.

For sure, technically speaking, the "throw" is the same between the P60 and P61, but practically speaking, the BIGGER hotspot allows you to see more at the same distance, so to me it feels as if the P61 throws a bit farther, even though it really doesn't.

The P61 is excellent! It's hard to switch back to the P60 after getting used to the P61. Batteries? HAH! Just order twice the usual number of boxes and you're all set.

Flashaholic*

i see the chart on "flashlightreview" and the p61 appear to have only 18 more lumens?

and if the trow is quite the same why "the led museum" read 1.400.000 on the p60 and 2.460.000 on the p61?

i think that the focus is not equal in all lamp assembly

[ QUOTE ]
    davidefromitaly said:
    i see the chart on "flashlightreview" and the p61 appear to have only 18 more lumens?

and if the trow is quite the same why "the led museum" read 1.400.000 on the p60 and 2.460.000 on the p61?

i think that the focus is not equal in all lamp assembly

[/ QUOTE ]

While his tests are good I think Surefire's tests are a bit more scientific useing better equipment. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img] But I could be wrong. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You're not wrong - my integrating sphere is a milk carton wrapped in aluminum foil for crying out loud! But hey, it works pretty well for general comparisons, and that's what it's intended for. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

The focus is very different between the two modules: P61 has more light and a wider beam - the light is spread over a larger area. So they light the same surface with the same intensity of light at the same distance, but the p61 lights MORE of the surface. Hope that makes sense.