Some LED flashlight pix - hopefully interesting

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi everyone,

I've posted some LED torch pix at this location:
http://www.semula.com/temp/

Please forgive me for the lack of any proper presentation ie. these are raw pix, no html pages holding or describing them.

Basically what you'll see are LED torches built by 2 companies, 'Ultra Bright' and XGen. Ultra Bright is probably familiar to you guys as they make the 'Click-It' light sold at Glow Bug's. They also make a nice, cheap multi-tool incorporating a LED torch. The other interesting thing you'll see is an Eternalight knockoff(
blush.gif
). If you haven't seen one before, this is a chance for you to take a look at how good a product Tech *** has made.

The pix, of course, don't and can't tell the whole story, but I'll be happy to answer your Q's if I can.

Hope you enjoy the pix. Thanks!
smile.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
whoops - better clarify here. the Eternalight knockoff here is made by XGen - *not* Techass! what I meant was to compare and see that compared to the XGen item (which is almost half the price of a real Eternalight), the real thing still holds court, easily. The knockoff only *looks* like it's the same thing, but the programming (esp the strobe mode) falls terribly, terribly short. For eg, the strobe mode is not adjustable - DUH! There are only 3 dimming modes, and the switch action is awful. The modes don't cycle in the order printed on the case...etc etc. Owners of the genuine item, you've every reason to be confident about your M3!

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi Quickbeam,

It's 4AA. You might want to read my post here for a quick description:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001706

I'm actually writing from Singapore, so my 'local sports shop' isn't quite so 'local' for you
wink.gif

So, you'll find it in the US at:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0013239515237a&navAction=jump&navCount=0&indexId=&podId=0013239&catalogCode=IC&parentId=&parentType=&_DAR GS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fitem-link.jhtml.1_A&_DAV=0013239515237a

hope this helps.

cheers

bikeNomad

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hotfoot:

The pix, of course, don't and can't tell the whole story, but I'll be happy to answer your Q's if I can.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nice pics. What's the microcontroller they used?

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bikeNomad:
Originally posted by hotfoot:
[qb]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nice pics. What's the microcontroller they used?[/QB]

The chip you see has PIC16C505 04/SL 003228PE printed on it.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hotfoot:
hi everyone,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That blue "pocket LED light" with the airplane on the front is *exactly* the same as my Gamma Ray, right down to the embossing on the rubber button.
shocked.gif

And whoever made the packaging for that Eternalight knock-off got a bit too excited with the lens flare in Photoshop. :0

Xenon

Enlightened
hi everyone,

Please forgive me for the lack of any proper presentation ie. these are raw pix, no html pages holding or describing them.

Basically what you'll see are LED torches built by 2 companies, 'Ultra Bright' and XGen. Ultra Bright is probably familiar to you guys as they make the 'Click-It' light sold at Glow Bug's. They also make a nice, cheap multi-tool incorporating a LED torch. The other interesting thing you'll see is an Eternalight knockoff(
blush.gif
). If you haven't seen one before, this is a chance for you to take a look at how good a product Tech *** has made.

Hope you enjoy the pix. Thanks!
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the pics. Where can I buy the ET clone. I have spoken to Xgen before and they say all their products are at Funan Ctr, but I dont see any of the ET clones there?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by telephony:
That blue "pocket LED light" with the airplane on the front is *exactly* the same as my Gamma Ray, right down to the embossing on the rubber button.
shocked.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That tends to happen a lot! The Clipper headlamps are available in Australia under a different name.

Also does this look familiar:
http://filemaker.webfactory.com.au/DFX/jaycar/FMPro?-db=products.fp3&-format=detail.htm&-lay=cgi&keywords=LED%20key&-recid=12583155&-token=12617897&-find=

Its available in several colours, including one with a UV LED.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xenon:
Thanks for the pics. Where can I buy the ET clone. I have spoken to Xgen before and they say all their products are at Funan Ctr, but I dont see any of the ET clones there?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi xenon,

You must be in Singapore too 'cos you know of Funan centre. My sample of the XGen ET Light *was* purchased there (at David Stephenson Communications aka Global Village). I also found it on sale at Aqua N Leisure Sports, Marina Square. Paid SGD$90.00 retail for it (or approx US$48.00).

If you're thinking of buying one, I'd strongly suggest you try it out first, preferably with a *real* Eternalight somewhere nearby for a direct comparison. I'll let you make the judgment yourself
wink.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Someguy:
That tends to happen a lot! The Clipper headlamps are available in Australia under a different name.

Also does this look familiar:
http://filemaker.web factory.com.au/DFX/jaycar/FMPro?-db=products.fp3&-format=detail.htm&-lay=cgi&keywords=LED%20key&-recid=12583155&-token=12617897&-find=

Its available in several colours, including one with a UV LED.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ha ha... sure is familiar, alright. And yeah, the clipper is also sold here under the 'Ultra Bright' label. In fact, I almost bought one of those til the 8-LED version caught my eye. A quick side-by-side beam comparison at the retail counter, and I was walking out of the shop grinning with a new 8-LED headlamp in my hands - batteries provided even!

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by telephony:
shocked.gif

And whoever made the packaging for that Eternalight knock-off got a bit too excited with the lens flare in Photoshop. :0
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yuk yuk... yeah. you'd think the card should read 'visible for 30,000,000 miles' or something...
grin.gif