Info on building a 3D Maglite w/ Hotlips or O-Sink

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Hello,

I'm building an O-Sink Modded Maglite and would like to ask if there is a webpage/instructions on how this is done. I've search the CPF forums but could not find any. I have the o-sink on order and some luxeons I'm also planning on installing the Badboy circuit from the sammich shoppe. Do we need to get other parts besides these three? I know the stock reflector that came with the Maglite will do, UCL lens perhaps? Do we need resistors that go between the Badboy circuit/power? Can we replace the stock rubber switch with a nice one?

Thanks in advance for all your help

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

bajaiman

Enlightened
These are the links you might wanna have a look at. They have instructions and pix luxeon conversion on your Mag3D. You'll need Badboy if you're planning to have LuxV conversion. If you're planning to use LuxIII then you can do direct drive without any converter board as long as your emitter has a Vf of K, L or M.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=435581&PHPSESSID=&fpart=1#Post435581
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=435581&PHPSESSID=&fpart=1#Post435581

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
That post by Darkzero is one of the best posts on Mag mods with the Hotlips. O-sink installation will be essentially the same. After all, it is essentially a direct copy of the Hotlips anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Re: Info on building a 3D Maglite w/ Hotlips or O-

Thanks Guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Latest posts