sqat not sit(toilet humor)

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
No wonder why people shake hands with their Right hand! ick!
I found out that many many (I belive the middle ages) people used to swish urine in the morning from the night before to whiten their teeth. As the urine aged in the chamber pot amonia was produced and that was what whitened the teeth. YUCK!!!
Also saw video from a customer. He was drinking from a beidie! (spelling bad, the french thingie that sprays water on your rump to clean it) We got a real good laugh from that.!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
ah ... finally som eguys to talk about the aftermaths of human nutrition /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

in the glorified moddle ages doctors had to sip some urin of their patients for proper diagnosis, and I am afraid of what they did with sh*t ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

bernhard

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sort of makes sense since Turkey is a Muslim country. It is rude to say the least to touch anyone or eat with your left hand as that is used for cleaning the body. You use your right hand for gesturing, giving or receiving anything, eating, most things. Bidets are used widely, and the toilets in our villas/quarters have both a bidet and a hose next to the toilets. These were at one time houses for some of the population, bedouins according to rumor who refused them because they didn't want to give up their nomadic lifestyle, and have been leased to the US military. In some of the older buildings (now unused) there are some of the squat type "toilets," the holes in the floor with footpads. I can't imagine using one of those. During a briefing, somebody told us about some travels and his son sitting down thinking that was what you were supposed to do. Oops. What if you slipped, and the person before you had bad aim?