LED-Lenser Output Specs

S

saw9000

Good day, everyone.
I'm new here, and I have a question regarding LED-Lenser products.
I currently use an Inova X5 in white. This is my second X5; the previous one was in blue. Both have served me admirably, and I am coming up on a year with the white version.
I have recently become aware of some of the LED-Lenser products available. Some of them look like well-designed flashlights, but the information provided on them is scant at best. Thus far, I have seen only advertising info, and though they are big on ensuring that everyone knows what kind of batteries the lights use, and what runtime they get, they seem very skittish about the idea of providing information on light output in lumens. Does anyone happen to have this, or know where I could get it? I am always open to the idea of getting a new flashlight, and I'm willing to buy one if it will be better (read: brighter) than the one I have now.
If the LED-Lenser products are as high-quality as they look, I could use one of them to replace my X5, as well as getting a full-size one to keep at home or in my vehicle.
Beyond these, does anyone have any suggestions for other companies whose products might be better than the X5 or the LED-Lenser products?
Thanks,
Scott

capnal

Enlightened
I have a few of the LED Lenser products. My favorite is the V2 Moon Lenser, which runs off a single AA cell.

I also have the Inova X5T, in white. I would not even consider "replacing" my Inova with the LED Lenser. The Inova is just more of a performer. Like the other response here, the non-weather / waterproofing of the lights is a big drawback. Kinda like this 1950's Omega watch I have. Really nice, but I have to be careful not to get it anywhere near water.

I would be comfortable buying just about all of the Lenser products, but I don't think any of them are equal quality replacements for a rugged water resistant light. Overall, construction on them is good, and light output is nice.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Welcome to the club Scott !

Well, LedLensers are cool lights especially in design issues but they lack significantly in water resistence (which is almost non-existing). In no way their overall quality can match your X5, you won't want to replace it! Trust me on this one, I own every single LedLenser model and there are some nice lights, but none of them can match the top notch lights we are discussing here.
If I were you I'd just look around a bit and buy something you won't regret later and avoid wasting your $$ on light that won't merit them.

There is one LedLenser I can fully recommend if you can find BR435 lithium batteries:
The V16 Chipfire

V16_art.jpg

Some more recent info about LedLensers here, all the older threads are without pics now:
LedLenser Magic (2xC-Cell regulated LuxIII with optic)

LL_Magic_side.jpg

V² Lithium (1x123 powered)

ll_vx2_lithium_pic.jpg

More questions welcome ...

bernhard

Kiessling

Flashaholic
got carried away, sorry.

Nope, no output specs, but those are not necessary /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, because if they were as grossly inflated as their runtime data you could well throw them directly in the toilet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

You wanted suggestions, you asked for the best:

Surefire
Arc

Check out our own CPF lights done by our modders and creator that rival world-class top-notch lights and put to shame the rest, incl. LedLenser /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif :

McGizmo: McLux, Aleph, SF mods
MrBulk: VIP, Lionheart
Jets22: Blackbird, Arc mods
DSpeck: FireFly
Lambda
... and many many more

bernhard