• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Suggestions for BlackBird #3

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Assuming there will be a run #3, I have some suggestions. I really love this light and find myself only playing with it and my newly acquired FF-II lights. The BB is perfect in so many ways. I absolutely love the look and feel of the light. That coating is awesome and feels so secure and grippy. The activation feel is unmatched in any other twisty light I've used. The way the BB will light up an entire room in flood-mode is way too cool.

All that being said, I have a couple suggestions for improvement.

1. As Doug found out in the FF-1 and corrected in FF-2, I feel Brock needs to do on the BB. That is add some more bezel threads, so the bezel is threaded a bit before hitting the O-Ring. In its current form, it sometimes a challenge to get the bezel on straight.

2. Allow for an easy sandwich swap. The BB is such a great light, I'd hate to see it obsoleted in a couple years due to the inability to swap LEDS/modules.

That's pretty much it for me. Again, Jets22 (Brock), fantasic job on the BlackBird.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
dito on the fantastic job Ray /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif !!!

[ QUOTE ]
The activation feel is unmatched in any other twisty light I've used. The way the BB will light up an entire room in flood-mode is way too cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah! Dito again!

Are you trying to ruin me? Run3 woulod mean another one for me ... argh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif ... bye bye my $$ ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bernhard

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
TIN,

What are your feelings about a reflector (like a turned down S017Xa or the like) in the BB?

Thanks

Jets22

Enlightened
It can be changed, but everything is hand fit in the Blackbird..not just simply drop in and drop out electronics. I designed the head for very close tolerances. this was done for the very best thermal transfer possible...I believe Ray was looking for something that could be changed so it is more user friendly swawping electronics out.

Wisti

Newly Enlightened
So , when I receive my Blackbird and I want to change the sandwhich ,will I be able to do it myself ,or will I have to send it back to you for swaping ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Jets22

Enlightened
Well...since I have offered to do it for free.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I would send it back...but if you want to do it, that's also OK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wisti

Newly Enlightened
I didn´t know , you offered to do it for free .
Great custumer service !
That means that Ray (and wisti) don´t have to worry about it being obsolete in a couple of years .

Thanks Brock