• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired removing led unit

McShawn

Enlightened
This question is probably answered somewhere but I cannot find it. What kind of tool do you use to remove the retaining ring inside many flashlights, including Arc LS? I have some flashlights that I would like to mod but I do not have any tool that consistantly remove the retaining ring inside the flashlight that usually holds the guts, circuit, led, etc. Any direction would be helpful.

Noxiousbt

Newly Enlightened
McShawn,
I think most people use a pair of long, thin, needle nose pliars. Grinding the tips a little for proper fit may be required. This is what I use myself. I have also heard of people using snapring pliers. Hope this helps.
Brandon

LightChucker

Enlightened
You can find plier-like tools that are made for this purpose at most hardware stores, as well as Harbor Freight and Sears. They usually come as a kit, with various sizes and shapes of tips. Also, the kits will provide some way to select how the plier functions when you sqeeze it. That is, sometimes the ring you want to remove is on the outside of the thing you are working on, and other times the ring is on the inside. So, you need to be able to do it in both directions.

Good luck!

Chuck