Neat new LED reading light at Target

avusblue

Enlightened
Lately I've had a "thing" for inexpensive, yet useful and utilitarian lights. I found this Rayovac Reading Light at Target last night for $8.99 and it's really quite nice.

BarLight.gif

It's about the size and shape of a small bar of soap, and it's perfect for its intended use: reading in bed. It has 2 5mm LEDs and runs on 3AAA's. It works best to hang it around your neck with the detachable lanyard, but it also comes with a clip if you wanted to attach it to your shirt. I was previously using an Energizer LED Headlamp for reading in bed, but this is more comfortable and useful. It has a clever little lever mechanism to allow the user aim the beam right on your book and it has the perfect amount of light and pattern.

A great little value. I acknowledge that it's not quite as good as resting a light in your wife's cleavage, but if you often stay up late reading in bed, it's perfect. I think it would also be great for reading in a dark car or airplane while traveling. I recommend you pick one up on your next visit to Target!

Cheers,

Dave

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
There's no Target here - none I can get to anyway...otherwise I'd buy one for CPF sakes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one a few months back and hated it. Here's my post on the subject.