Build An Induction Heater

L3

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to the world of Induction Heating!

Induction heaters exist in a variety of power capacities, electronic configurations, and applications. With an induction heater you can melt many metals, heat treat cutting tools and various metal components, accomplish case hardening, seal bottle caps, form metals, and much more.

A small 500 - 1000 watt unit can handle many interesting tasks. Circuits based on use of SCRs, MOSFETs, and IGBTs are commonly used. References offered here contain a combination of theory, circuit designs, and applications information. These should suffice to get you started in the exciting technology of induction heating.

Here is the gateway. Step in: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ameritherm
Ameritherm Tech Notes
DansWorkshop
AjaxCan
Superior Induction
PowerLabs
ElectronicsTalk
RepairFAQ
pupman
srt.tu-darmstadt.de

Are you ready for induction heating?

L3

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great technology! I personally installed a 2 x 50lb melt crucible Inductotherm VIP Power-Trak unit for the folks in an Intro To Materials Sci. lab at the school where I was working. Man, that was a real eye opener. Like finding the right tool for the job and wondering why in the world you were ever using anything else.

Using the old style furnaces, the students used to have to start their melt some number of hours before they could use it. As I recall with the induction unit it only took something like 15 minutes! What incredibly great technology that is! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif