Does anyone else carry their E2

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
in a Inova X5 holster? I have an older Surfire E2, without the pocket clip on the barrel, outfitted with a KL1 head and I found out a couple of weeks ago that it fits very nicely in the holster that comes with the Inova X5. It does not offer any protection for the lens of course but it fits dang near perfect.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't carry it in the holster, but if I were going hiking or camping with my E2e, then yes, definitely the holster is a must. You might want to look at the X5t holster from Countycomm, it fits the E2e very very nicely too, and its got a flap that protects the light bezel. It also allows you to strap on the holster either horizontally or vertically. I can't even remember where my original X5t holster is now that I have one of these!

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I will have to check those out Stanley. Thanks for the tip.

mbt25

Newly Enlightened
I took the X5T holster I bought from TAD gear a while back and cut about half an inch at the top and it looks perfect. The flap does and excellent job of protecting the head and lens. The head was the reason that I trimmed it. It would fit before but it was very tight. It is much easier to slide out now. If someone could give me the quick and dirty on how to post pics I would be happy to take a pic to make it easier to understand what I am saying.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ummmh...I never thought of that??? Now where did I placed that X5T holster...??

mbt25

Newly Enlightened
I forgot to add that the holster still carries my Inova X5T very nicely. The flap still holds it in place and even with the flap up there is still enough to hold the light in.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Good idea mbt25 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif.
I learn something new everyday.

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
Why not use something like this?
Works great for my XM2. Sits tight on my belt or on the shoulder strap of my Fatboy.
XM2bikini.jpg

impact_blue

Newly Enlightened
Hey Erick,
where can I get one of those for my E2D? Looks really minimal and functional.... Nice quick release, is that to carry bezel down or up? (so on the draw is is in reverse grip, ummm switch under the thumb - or conventional)?

Cheers,
Nathan

BTW are you also Ian??

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
LMAO! AHA!
Now I understand what you meant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah, that's bezel down carry. Sits tight to your belt and I made it. Can make one for an E2E too...Although I would have to get my hands on one first so I have something to mold it after. Damn... And I almost managed to get away from Incandescents /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

impact_blue

Newly Enlightened
Hi Ian,
LOL - well glad you found it - hello /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif - sorry 'bout that....

Ahh yes I'm an LED supporter all the way - Chop's modding a KL3 head for my 6P. If only the McLux PRT would be had with an E2D'esque crenelated head - then it'd be schweet...

I'm getting the E2<font color="blue">D</font> Hmmm how to get it to you... ummmm Le'me think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif 'bout how much would one of those run in at?

Thanks,
Nathan.

juancho

Enlightened
I carry the E2e wine light II in a X5T holster, because it don't protect the bezel I cover the head of the light with a Mini Mag lite filter holder, which is made out of rubber.
It works very well for me, but is not a speed holster, the clip goes outside and the elastic panels of the pouch hold the light very secure.

Juan C.

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
Nathan, I'm not sure how much. I would need to borrow a colleagues E2D so I would have something to mold it after.
I wouldn't really be comfortable with the idea of sending something back and forth to Australia. Just seems risky.
Holster I could probably do for 20 US and then shipping.