tritium thumbstuds, woo hoo

paulr

Flashaholic
Qty discounts available for knifemakers, and maybe flashlight makers? Dunno how much that will help though. Even at 50% it's steep.

pbarrette

Enlightened
Hi all,

Am I the only one who noticed that these things are over .5 inches in diameter? That's pretty large if you ask me.

Also, it looks like they are designed as a pair of tritium inserts. One threaded on the outside of the shank and the other threaded on the inside of the shank. It then goes through the hole in the knife, and one stud screws into the other stud.

So with some modifications, you may end up with 2 .59" dia. tritium screws for your light. Probably not the best for holding on your light's pocket clip at that diameter, but perhaps inset into the tail of a light.

pb

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Nice looking, but IMHO the .59" size and $69 (OUCH!!!) price tag make them nearly useless for flashlights. I think we're still better off buying glowdisks and using the Tritium vials out of those. As usual, YMMV.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
you know, by the looks of it, the tritium thing is actually smaller than the stud - the stud includes the metal risen up triangle bit and the disc around it - look, there is a VISIBLE seam where it mates with the knife. anyone got $69 to have a look?

neg

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I think the .59" dimension is the length of the assembled stud with the blade. I suspect the diameter is ~1/4 - 5/16".

Larry

paulr

Flashaholic
Looking at the pictures of that stud on knife blades, it can't possibly be .59" in diameter. Maybe it's .59 cm. Another possibility is that it's .59 inches from tip to tip as Larry says, though that seems like a bit much too.

Latest posts