Mini Mag Charger?

Beretta92

Newly Enlightened
I have a Mini Maglit 2AA and I was just wondering if there is such a thing as a charger for it. I heard there was a tail cap you can get with a charger base and when ever you take it out of the charger, it turns on. Well anyway thats what I heard but cant find anything! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have one of the chargers for the MiniMag. Actually I think it was made for the Streamlight Jr. The tailicaps were interchangeable. I had two at one time. I would have to look hard for either one. I worked ok, and imagine that with newer high cap rechargeables that it would be safe to just leave it in cradle.

Bill

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep I've got one also. Very nicely done. It comes with a replacement tailcap and a small standup charger base. I've had mine for over 10 years now.

GregR

flashlightfreek

Newly Enlightened
Where could you possibly find and buy one of these mini mag charging bases and tailcap??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine was purchased so long ago I have no clue anymore where these are sold. There are so many better flashlights these days mine is in storage somewhere. Although putting a luxeon sandwhich in one of these may just revitralize the old minimag.

GregR

paulr

Flashaholic
Wow, I've never heard of a charging base for a Minimag. Running a Minimag on NiMH AA's works pretty well, though you have to change them out in order to charge them.

If you want a small rechargeable light, might as well get a Streamlight Strion, which is about 10x as bright as the Minimag and roughly the same size (shorter but thicker).

FLASHLIGHTMAN

Newly Enlightened
The charger kit everyone is talking about was actually made by streamlight. It was for the original streamlight Jr.
Maglight sued streamlight for patent infringement because they used the same type of switch in the head. Streamlight re-designed the light putting the switch in the tail cap, as it is today. Since you had to replace the tail cap and the new model had a switch, it no longer worked and they discontinued it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
You best bet to find one of these is on eBay. I bought one of them some years back on eBay.
Dave

Larry1582

Enlightened
Picture anyone

1156254MiniCharge1.JPG

flashlightfreek

Newly Enlightened
Yes that is the charger Larry. Do you know were I could find one of those chargers and tailcap by chance? Thanks!

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a guy who sell these things on eBay all the time. Can't seem to give them away. Every week he lists a new one and they sometimes don't get bids. There's one or two up right now.

InTheDark

Enlightened
If this is the same charger that I remember, it probably won't work with a minimag LED conversion. You need to leave the switch on for it to complete the circuit, and it will charge at a very low rate (something like <50ma), not enough to light the bulb, but just enough to pass a current through the filament. Because there's just no way of connecting the positive terminal of the battery from the bottom without reverse biasing the bulb (or LED and circuit)