• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CPF & OceanPlanet Benefit Raffle

McGizmo

Flashaholic
For raffle (three prizes for the winner and runners up)
Winner selects prize and to the runners up goes the next choice(s).

For starters the three definite "prizes" are:

1) McLux Wine Light combo

McLux-Wine.jpg

This is a McLux head hosted on a SF E1e WineLight with a two stage switch, BB700, T bin Lux III (don't recall the bin exactly but this guy is white) and a IMS so17xa reflector.

2) new in box with plastic wrapping in place, SureFire L2 white LED

3) new in box with plastic wrapping in place, SureFire E2e-SG

The winner of the raffle can chose which light is more valuable to him (her) and the runners up get to chose the the light of their choice from what remains. If the ticket sales are strong, I will revisit this and add to the prizes.

Proceeds of this raffle are to go to two causes which are important to me and likely partially significant to the rest of you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

I want 30% to go to CPF and 70% to go to Bruce Schwab - Ocean Planet . Bruce is a good friend who at about the same time I got involved in LED lights, took it upon himself to start a grass roots challenge of an incredible and demanding scope; Vendée Globe . He has been devoted to his boat, Ocean Planet and the dream of racing single handed around the world for himself, friends, supporters and the US for a few years now. He has literally put his life into this and his life is ultimately at stake. He has risen to a challenge of full commitment and placing himself in the mercy of powers far greater than he. He will be competing against great sailors across the globe who for the most part have significant backing and sponsorship that he has been unable to match. I hope to see CPF added to the list of his supporters and request that 70% of the proceeds of this raffel be passed on to Bruce in the name of CPF. In the spirit of friendship and adventure based on the latest technologies, I hope our contribution can be significant and understood for what it is.

The raffle tickets are $10 ea. and Sasha has been given the task of processing this raffle. Please wait for her to lay out the specifics for purchase of the tickets.

Thanks guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EDIT: A fourth prize, a NIB E1e-SG has been added to the "pot" so there will be four winning tickets now.

EDIT: A fifth prize, a NIB E2e-HA has been added to the pot as well so there will be five winning tickets now.

Greta

Flashaholic
<font color="red">Ok guys... you know how this works! ... or if you're new, here's the "rules".</font>

<font color="blue">Each raffle ticket will cost $10. You can buy as many tickets as you want. Payment for tickets will be by paypal to me... [email protected] ... or you can simply click on the "support cpf" button at the top left of each page in the menu bar.

YOU MUST PUT TWO THINGS IN THE COMMENTS BOX!!!!

1. YOUR CPF USERNAME

2. OCEANPLANET RAFFLE

If these things are not listed in the comment box (Item Title box), you will not be added to the list for the raffle. I will be sending "receipts" for tickets. These will be in the form of a reply to the email address used in the paypal. I will change the title of the email and insert your username and the number of tickets you have purchased. The body of the "receipt" will verify the number of tickets purchased. If you do not receive a "receipt" within a day or two of donation, please let me know. Please do not email me an hour after you purchase a ticket and ask if I got it! I do have a job and I don't spend all of my hours here on CPF... give me some time to reply.

Your name will be added to a numbered list once for every ticket that you purchase. At the end of the raffle, numbered raffle tickets will be put in a "bin" and three will be pulled by my son. The name that corresponds to the number on the ticket according to the numbered list, will be the winner. Here's how the last raffle ended. </font>

<font color="red">The raffle will end on Friday, 7/30/04, 7PM Pacific. This is one hour after Don's McLux Limited Auction ends.

Have fun guys!! This is a great cause!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif</font>

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Way to go, Don! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

PP sent for 2 tickets.

Britt

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
PayPal sent for 2 tickets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

hmm, beaten to it again by Britt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
OH! One other thing... everyone who buys a ticket(s) will get the new supporter "crown" for making a donation to CPF!!
support2.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Sasha, for privacy reasons I never like putting anything in the Paypal comment box, and I'm especially uncomfortable putting in a mention that the payment is for a raffle. Can we abbreviate it to something like "OPR" instead?

Raindrop

Enlightened
Sasha,

I have bid a couple of times in benefit auctions to try and support CPF. Since I don't do PayPal if you would provide an address I would mail you a Postal Money Order or a check for some raffle tickets. You can either PM or email the info if that is acceptable.

~Greg

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha, thank you so much for letting me keep my red shoes and Beretta Storm. Those new dealer crown-badges are really cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Flashlight, you know what? You've got very good taste in flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Britt

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
OH! One other thing... everyone who buys a ticket(s) will get the new supporter "crown" for making a donation to CPF!!
support2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ooh, ooh, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif 'Crown' me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Britt, ah so you know which I'll choose IF I come in first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif , no fight with your collection though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Paul... just this once... can you please help me out here and try to make it as easy on me as possible? PLEASE???

Greg... I'll send you a PM.

Anyone else who needs a snail mail address, please PM me.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
support2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, Sasha, since I work out and swim alot, could my "crown" read: "CPF Athletic Supporter" ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
OK, PP sent. But I'll never be able to sleep again, knowing that Paypal now knows that I bought a raffle ticket. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Takifugu

Newly Enlightened
Re: CPF &amp; OceanPlanet Benefit Raffle

Hi everyone, I am new to CPF but I have been reading a lot and I really love CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I would like to contribute and join all the fun!
Great cause too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Paypal sent for three tickets. I will be willing to pay extra for international shipping IF.... I ever happen to win by chance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Greta

Flashaholic

Ok guys... I believe I'm all caught up for tonight. Everyone who has purchased tickets up to this point should have a receipt and a "crown". Let me know if I missed anyone!

I'm going to bed now... I have to work all day tomorrow... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Nighty night! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

To good causes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

marcspar

Enlightened

Tix just bought via paypal. Thanks Don and Sasha....

Marc

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Three for me!
And one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif for Don
bernhard