• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Benefit Auction: McLux Limited

McGizmo

Flashaholic
This is a special McLux that is now *dated* in terms of technology within but timeless in terms of the spirit of its creation. It is based on CPF and more specifically the contributions and collaboration of friends who became friends because of CPF. This light was a gift from Leo Wong and all of the original Skunk Members were given one of these to build out as they saw fit. It is only in the name of friendship and friends in need that I will let this light leave my posession and I trust my friends will understand and hopefully approve.

lightandcase.jpg

lightincase.jpg

What makes this light unique, in addition to its box is the laser engraving on the head (try to ignore my hand engraving on the Ti clip! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif )

skunk-details.jpg

The head was built out by me with either a BB400 but more likely a BB500 and the best LD Luxeon I could find at the time; probably a Q4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif It has a McFlood reflector. Although this is still a functional tool, I believe its real value is in its unique background and spirit in which it came to be.

Proceeds of this auction are to go to two causes which are important to me and likely partially significant to the rest of you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

I want 30% to go to CPF and 70% to go to Bruce Schwab - Ocean Planet . Bruce is a good friend who at about the same time I got involved in LED lights, took it upon himself to start a grass roots challenge of an incredible and demanding scope; Vendée Globe . He has been devoted to his boat, Ocean Planet and the dream of racing single handed around the world for himself, friends, supporters and the US for a few years now. He has literally put his life into this and his life is ultimately at stake. He has risen to a challenge of full commitment and placing himself in the mercy of powers far greater than he. He will be competing against great sailors across the globe who for the most part have significant backing and sponsorship that he has been unable to match. I hope to see CPF added to the list of his supporters and request that 70% of the proceeds of this auction be passed on to Bruce in the name of CPF. In the spirit of friendship and adventure based on the latest technologies, I hope our contribution can be significant and understood for what it is.

Now this is the same verbage I used in a benefit raffle that I just posted. Forgive my redundancy here but I am pressed for time but wanted to get the ball rolling here. I have been meaning to get to this for over a month but you know how it goes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Bruce is getting closer to his race and CPF can use some funds as we know so it was time to get motivated!

Let this auction run until 6 PM Friday July 30th Pacific {~deleted~} Time unless Sasha chooses to post a different time.

Thanks guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Uh, please post your bids here and any comments you feel like making! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

EDIT: A couple additional McLux lights of unique and limited nature have been added. Please look towards the end of this thread.....

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
First bid...

$250.00

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And as always, Don...you continue to be my hero. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif
$200.00
Even though I know it will end up across the ocean.

mut
Edit too slow
$260.00

Greta

Flashaholic
<font color="red">This is an awesome cause guys... as well as an incredibly awesome light... donated by a member of CPF who exemplifies the spirit of CPF 100%. THANK YOU DON!!

The particulars of this auction are as stated by Don... It will run until Friday, 7/30/04, 6PM Pacific.. that is the time on the west coast... in Los Angeles and San Francisco.

Have fun guys! This one will go down in the books as one of the greatest CPF auctions of all time!
happy14.gif
</font>

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Empath,

Thanks! I mean when Mickey has one hand up in the air to be excused and the other holding the reason he needs to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I stand corrected and I need to go to! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
$295.00

Britt

PS: You go Don! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
flashlight said:
$280

[/ QUOTE ]
^ hee hee /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
You may need to insure whether you meant Pacific Standard Time, or Pacific Daylight Time. The west coast is presently on daylight saving time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Empath... PACIFIC time. Whatever the time is in Los Angeles and San Franciso. I honestly don't care what anyone wants to call it... Standard... Daylight... whatever. Go to some website on the net and find out what time it is in Los Angeles or San Franciso next Sunday and when that time turns to 6PM, the auction is over. I don't know how much clearer to make it. And if people still don't get it... well... not much I can do about that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Hehe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I don't need another McLux /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
But if it's for a good cause, maybe I can propose my bid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Another very nice unique one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
What do you think about $350 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice piece, Don. Too bad I'm saving up for a new pistol or I'd be all over this like a duck on a June bug.

I especially like the case.

marcspar

Enlightened
Anything that combines sailing and flashlights deserves a little extra support!

Thanks Don! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Marc

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif
ok ... out of reach ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... over to the raffle!
bk

Don /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I don't own a McLux. $450 (Might make cool mod material. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif )

Larry

McGizmo

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Larry,

You, my friend, are one sick puppy!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Any time you want some mcLux to mod, just send me an E-mail! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Don,

It would be the only light in my gunsafe! (Admit it did get you outta the woodwork /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry