• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNC N CELL P-08

pianoman

Enlightened
TNC N Cell P-08. Prototype, only 15-20 made. Bare aluminum. 1 watt luxeon. Ni-mh N cell. Reflector, with mineral glass lens. Some unique machine marks as a result of prototype manufacture. Beam is flawless. Great light, have been using the production model as this one is too nice and rare. $100 shipped anywhere. Paypal.

marcspar

Enlightened
I believe he means the production model, but non-annodized. TNC sold a few that way - after the hand made protos were sold.

Marc

coachbigdog

Enlightened
Actually these were FIRST ones made.The "P" in p-08,is for prototype.The ones you speak of were 10 of the actual production run,where he held back 10 from getting anodized and decided to sell them.

cy

Flashaholic
I've got P-06 and love it! It's hanging on my neck along with firefly.

It runs a RWOH on ARC mania's custom board. That's how it manages to get such long run times.

It weights 26 grams VS Arc AAA's 20 grams and firefly w/aluminum head's 38 grams. (all w/batt)

This may not seem like much of a difference, but when you EDC 7 X 24. a few grams makes all the difference.

GoldenLoki

Newly Enlightened
I'll take the TNC N Cell if it is still up for grabs.

PayPal at the ready.

GL

pianoman

Enlightened
GoldenLoki, you will be the proud new owner of the TNC N cell P-08. Congradulations

coachbigdog

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
I've got P-06 and love it! It's hanging on my neck along with firefly.

It runs a RWOH on ARC mania's custom board. That's how it manages to get such long run times.

It weights 26 grams VS Arc AAA's 20 grams and firefly w/aluminum head's 38 grams. (all w/batt)

This may not seem like much of a difference, but when you EDC 7 X 24. a few grams makes all the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cy,I miss p-06. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Don't know what I was thinking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Oh well,found a good home I guess.

cy

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
coachbigdog said:Cy,I miss p-06. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Don't know what I was thinking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Oh well,found a good home I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
Coach, Thanks again for P-06. It's a jewel.

P-06 is the only light that has provided compitition for what gets EDC against firefly.

other lights are brighter, but not better. It provides the perfect amount of light for most closeup work. The closest parallel is the old Arc LS w/twisty. It provides great form factor, good run time and just right amount of light for most jobs.

There is a chance this light may be close to Li14430 for output/size ratio.

marcspar

Enlightened
I have # P-11 and I thought there were less than 20. Anyone have a higher number than Yaesumofo's 23?

Marc

ps I agree with Cy; it's a great amount of high quality light in a tiny package. In addition to a larger light (2x 123), I always have either the TNC n cell or the Jets22 n cell body with D'Mo or Led_Asap head in my pocket.

pianoman

Enlightened
Truth In Advertising.....Alert.....To the best of my knowledge when Mr. Ogaz announced these N cells I thought he said 15-20 made, guess not...but lets not forget the arc mania head, which I dont believe was put in anything but a prototype.

glenthemole

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
pianoman said:
but lets not forget the arc mania head, which I dont believe was put in anything but a prototype.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean the production models will be different from the prototypes?

javafool

Enlightened
My TNC AA has a MJ head. I hope that is the same one Chris is putting into the production N cell lights. I measured 218 mA with the new Rad Shack DMM. For that low current draw it is an awesome light!