The Spice Of Life

L3

Newly Enlightened
Some say it is variety. And, it is true!

With regard to cooking, spices bring the ultimate in flavor enhancement to fine foods. Spices are stars, comets, and planets in the universe of food flavorings.

To view the celestial details, get ready to gaze into the ultimate culinary telescope, the Internet Optical System. As you scan the 'heavens', you will discover worlds of spice offerings and volumes of spice knowledge.

How To Use Spices And Related Facts:

Epicurious
ResourceHelp
DMOZ
Condells
Storing Spices
Gernot Katzer's Spice Page
HomeCooking.About.com

Where To Buy Spices:

Penzey's (MIB would call this, "The Best of the Best")
Spices Etc.
SanFrancisco Herb Co.
SpiceBarn
Herb-Inc.
OasisHerbsAndSpices

The chef of the house will want to be on Penzey's catalog mailing list. Not only is it a handy buying guide (also available online), but it contains many appealing recipes. You will want to save the back issues.

Light the candles, and enjoy the cuisine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Look for a separate post concerning candle light.

L3

Saaby

Flashaholic
No no no, I draw the line at ordering herbs online /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

That Penzey's site is amazing! I like to spice up my foods with whatever we have in the house, but who knew 1 company could have so many herbs and spices!

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Penzeys is great- In the stores, all of the spices have an apothecary jar full of the spice to open and smell. When you walk in the door, the aroma is incredible!