ARC4 Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Retired*
I noticed there are is 8kb of code space in the ARC4, 256b of RAM. I was wondering if you had any idea of what you'll do with all the rest of the space. Are you looking for ideas?

Ralf

Enlightened
Newbie, do you know which controller is in there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I guess its a pic, but anyway I think peter is not happy if the details
about the controller are discussed in public. For me I like the Atmels
better. Furthernore I think maybe you could reprogram the ARC4,
but you will lose the factory code. So what? I don't think
it is possible to place add on code by your own in the maybe free
code space.

Just my 2 cents ...

Cheers
Ralf

paulr

Flashaholic
I thought only the biggest PICs have that much code space and ram. I doubt if that's what's in the Arc4+, but who knows.

*Retired*
Ralf/Paulr

There is not a PIC in the ARC4.

It is a microcontroller costing ~2.25ea in quantities of 1k, with a few miscellanous other parts necessary to make a power supply, such as a 4.7uH inductor, about 16 miscellaneous low cost ceramic capacitors (about one dollars worth), eight resistors costing tops a dollar, and about nine other low cost semiconductors. Short the battery contact, switch, and luxeon, its probably under 10.00 all told, in decent quantities.

This could describe quite a number of consumer electronics items, imho, it is the code that makes it all work properly which is the real jewel.

Kudos to the designer, it is a very low cost electrical implementation that serves it's purpose well.

Status
Not open for further replies.