ARC AAA colors?

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
What colors have been produced in the ARC AAA.
I just got one on a trade in turquiose but it is very green,so it may be green if they were made.
I would like to get one of each color.

GoldenLoki

Newly Enlightened
LED colors
White (some are whiter than others)
Turquoise (some are pretty green)
Red
Orange
Red Green Blue (strobes)
Ultra Violet

Probably others I don't know about

GL

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sequence of the ArcAAA RGB.

(fast pulse) red, green, blue, red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, magenta, white (repeat)

(fade) Red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, magenta, white, repeat.

That's from memory, so I could be wrong!

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc Triple-As were made in:

White. Infra red. Red. Orange. Yellow. Green. Turquoise. Blue. UltraViolet. RGB. There were a couple of variations of the red, orange and yellow ones as far as I know, using Toshiba or Agilent LEDs (I *think*). Also several versions of the turquoise and UV ones.

7arcaaas.jpg

The RGB one uses a special LED with three dies; one red, one green and one blue. Also inside the LED housing is a little IC that cycles/fades them through a few sequences to produce red, green, blue, yellow, purple and turquoise light. Fun to watch or use as a marker, but pretty useless as a real light.

The ordinary turquoise ones used three types of Nichia LED. The early ones had a narrow beam giving a sort of "dog bone" shape center spot with a bright ring around it. The later standard ones used the wide angle LED which was smoother and brighter. There was also a wide angle version using an elusive high brightness turquoise Nichia LED called then "EV" rank. Most of them looked pretty green by themselves, rather than a true cyan colour that you would otherwise expect from a "turquoise" LED. In contrast, the true green ones were more of an emerald colour and seen side by side, the difference was very clear.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Zelandeth said:
Sequence of the ArcAAA RGB.

(fast pulse) red, green, blue, red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, magenta, white (repeat)

(fade) Red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, magenta, white, repeat.

That's from memory, so I could be wrong!

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a web page about the Arc-AAA RGB right here if anybody is interested.
It has a link to a video (courtesy of Peter Gransee) about 70% down the page if anybody wishes to view it.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Your AV software must be a bit overzealous. I clicked on the link to the clip and it played properly.
That video is courtesy of, and hosted by Peter Gransee, and I don't think he would purposefully spread a virus or a trojan horse around.

I'll place it on one of my servers and try it again...BBS...ok, it's now on one of my servers, and the Arc-AAA RGB web page was changed to match. Looks fine to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
HUUMM I can't get it to play.A widow comes up that I have never seen before saying trojan horse downloader found.I say yes to allowing access but just get sent back to the web page.

jook

Newly Enlightened
I got a message that quicktime was unable to play it cuz it was missing crucial files. REGARDLESS, how can I get my mitts on one of these? Anyone wanna part with 1 or 2?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
J Smith said:
HUUMM I can't get it to play.A widow comes up that I have never seen before saying trojan horse downloader found.I say yes to allowing access but just get sent back to the web page.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm...I don't know what the problem is then.
I used a copy that I have had stored on my PC since late October of last year.
When I click on the link, it opens Windows Media Player, and a couple of minutes later (a 440K download) the video plays.

The direct-entry URL to the video (on my server) is http://ledmuseum.jpoproductions.com/arcrgb.avi.

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
I tried yor link and still got the box.Big red one on a blue background.AVG Resident shield,troijan horse downloader detcted in such and such file. Allow access?
a box with [NO] and a second counter giveing you 30 seconds to do something.I have pressed Y and it kicks me back to the forum and I have let the seconds run out with same result.
I give up.I HATE computers.Wheres the ones that talk like on Star Trek.

jook

Newly Enlightened
Quicktime definitely does not like the stream - it's missing a file or something. I tried to open it with Windows Media, but I'm too stoopid to figure out how to open a file not associated with WM. Anyhow, I don't care about watching a stinkin' movie - I want the real thing! ;-0