Streamlight 2 Cell Twintask?

Beretta92

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys! Does anyone out there have a 2 cell twintask? I was just looking at em and wanted to see what everyone thinks about them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the more popular lights. I have two. I assume you mean the 2/123 Lithium model.

The 3/LED combo will go for perhaps twenty hours.

The xenon is a bit less bright than the usual 2/123 light, but gains in run time.

Altogether a nice light, as is the 1/L , 3/AA, 3/C Twin-Tasks.

I think the 2/D is fat.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight Twin Task 2L
28 hours run time using 3LED
2.5 hours run time using Xenon bulb
Great flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SL TT2L is my wife's all around camping/utility light and she really loves it. Good value for the cost too.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the TwinTask lights are great lights and great values, even that fat 2/D which is switchable between 5 LED's, 10 LED's, and an incan which is as bright as a 3D Mag.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
More flood, yellower, less bright beam. For tasks up to aprox. 50 - 75 feet, or so, it should be a winner. You'll need a different light for long distance throw.

Damelas

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys, Does anyone know if i can put a push button tailcap on this light or a different bulb to make it brighter? Thanks in Advance.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the TT2L and its great for almost any task. The flood is bright enough for most things, esp walking etc, but the incan beam is not a long distance thrower. It throws a decent distance, but nowhere near the G2 or 6P. Plus the incan is not exactly focusable (even though it says focusable) so the beam sorta floods a litte.
Damelas, there is no off the shelf tailcap pushbutton for the TT, but one of our esteemed modders McGizmo has done a mod like that before. AFAIK its not made nor sold commercially so you might have to try modding it yourself if you have the tools! I'll have to see if I can find that thread again...

capnal

Enlightened
Just got my SL 2L TT. LOVE IT! Really pleased.
I agree with the statements about how the Xenon does not compare to other xenon-only models such as G2 or 6P, but I don't think it is intended to. That being said, this light performs really well for a wide variety of applications. I also have the 1L and I love it, but the 2L is really tops.
Good choice, good light.! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif