Pro Series in Tec 40

coolguy

Newly Enlightened
Since the Arc Ls won't be ready for a while.
tongue.gif
I'll have to settle for something else for now. I was wondering how the pro series bulb would work in the tec-40. I'm planning to use nimh batteries so I'll probably get the 3 cell bulb and slightly overdrive it. Does anybody have experience with this? How does the beam look, should I use the narrow beam or wide beam? Could someone give me a simple comparison or rating of the brightness. Would you say it's as bright as a 3 led bulb, 4 led bulb, etc. Thanks for the help.
smile.gif

Plinko

Newly Enlightened
I played with this configurationa bit and it's best in a maglite. Why? Because the Mag is focusable, and the Tec 40 is a fixed focus. I love my Tech 40's, but I don't think the PR-based bulb would be a very closse match up. I've been drooling over the new headlight from Princeton Tech called the Switchback, because it looks to have th esame head assembly, however, for the first time in PT history, it's able to be focused. It would be great to somehow get a hold of one of the heads and retrofit it in a Tech 40...but then you'd be left with the need for an additional on/off switch mechanism, so I'll keep dreaming. One of my Tech 40's I put a 3-led green pr-based bulb. The greens don't have as smooth of a beam pattern, but they're bright, and with 4-AA, it'll run for days, if not weeks!

Cheers!