Da Ali G Show

I was flipping through the channels the other night and stopped on Da Ali G Show, which I'd never seen before. I have not laughed so hard since the last Curb Your Enthusiasm episode. It was hilarious! What do you think of Da Ali G Show?

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, he's really funny. While at school there were some videos of his shows floating aroud on the intranet. Also saw him on TV while I was in Germany last summer. What channel was he on??

raggie33

*the raggedier*
he was on conan obraien last week or week before lol he is so weird .he kept asking conan if he can . well never mind but he is weird but funny lol

[ QUOTE ]
MTFD17 said:
What channel was he on??

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't remember. I'm sure it was one of those off-the-wall cable channels. Maybe one of the HBO channels? I will look for it again. Very very funny, but very very mature. I see why it's on well after the kids are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

Echo63, thanks, I will! Didn't know too much about this guy before about yesterday. Glad to know he's got a movie.
Raggie33, yeah, he's weird as hell, but he's also a real talented comedian. No one he interviews seems to clue in that the joke's on them!

inluxication

Newly Enlightened
HBO, I believe. I read about a bit where he asked Pat Robertson why they hadn't found any BLTs in Iraq. Robertson just answered as if he had said WMDs; Ali suggested in an interview that maybe Robertson thought BLTs were Ballistic Long-Trajectory missiles or something, and didn't want to admit his ignorance.

mudmojo

Newly Enlightened
He has two metrosexual characters.

Well there's light in the loafers gay (Borat from Kazakhstan) and there's the burning inferno hershey bandit, the Austrian hairdresser character... I think he's supposed to be a hairdresser anyway.

Borat is mildly amusing in a gay way while the Austrian dude I don't quite get.

Quazar

Enlightened
Iam pretty sure that Borat isn't supposed to be gay, just a weird Eastern European. The Austrian character is a definate shirt lifter though.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I caught the Pat Robinson skit last night. I did not believe that that guy
could be soooooo obtuse. He missed all the sandwich references, and at the
end agreed that he'd "had a puff" before the show.

I'd love to see Da Ali G interview G. Bush, but that would be too sad to watch.

Daniel

Lucien

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
arewethereyetdad said:
Echo63, thanks, I will! Didn't know too much about this guy before about yesterday. Glad to know he's got a movie.
Raggie33, yeah, he's weird as hell, but he's also a real talented comedian. No one he interviews seems to clue in that the joke's on them!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, some do. There was one with an economist who went along with it, and some guy at a uni who was just plain getting pissed off.

But it's funnier when they don't get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif