Poll: do you sleep with your wristwatch on?

Ever heard of or used flashlightlens.com?

• Sometimes, sometimes not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

paulr

Flashaholic
I almost always do, but someone recently told me that was unusual. I'm surprised. I'd lose it pretty fast if I took it off every night, plus sometimes I wake up and want to check the time.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Never, mostly because I don't like to have something constricting my wrist when I roll about, shove my hands under my pillow, drag my arm across my face.

Also, I like to change watches regularly, so taking it off lets me choose something different the next day.

daloosh

Saaby

Flashaholic
I have a clock right next to my bed, what do I need to wear my watch for?

paulr

Flashaholic
I leave my watch on at night partly so I don't forget to put it on in the morning. Also, taking it off and putting it on is a bit of a nuisance. It's a lightweight plastic watch; maybe I'd be more inclined to take it off if it wear a big metal one with a bracelet.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I used to leave my watch on almost 24/7, and only took it off to bathe... but then I noticed the awful "watch scar" I had on my wrist on the rare occasion that I forgot to put it back on. There was no hair in the region that the watchband occupied, the skin was dangerously pale-looking, and there was a semi-permanent indentation in the skin.

Now hair grows on my wrist - and although it's still pale compared to neighboring skin, it's not an eyesore should I forget my watch. The indentation is also gone after a few hours of not wearing the watch.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost always. I spend a lot of time on the road for work these days, or over at my g/f's place, so this way I don't have to try to think about where I am and where the clock should be. I love my Seiko Black Monster and a Titanium Perpetual Calender Seiko that I just picked up because they will easily glow all night long.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wristwatches. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I take 'em off when I need to get rid of the tan lines, or when I want to rinse them off under running water.
Myopia is mainly why I like wearing them at night. And it's handy to have it right at hand when waking up in strange places.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've noticed that the Vostok automatic keeps better time if I wear it at night, so recently I have been. Depending on its position if taken off it will gain or lose about one second/hour. It's actually kind of nice as I can make it adjust itself for accuracy.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't stand wearing a watch at night, rarely wear it on the weekends. Basic plastic waterproof Casio with day/date, backlight and alarm. Don't want the metal band for electrocution reasons and it rips the hair off my arm.

I am not a watchaholic!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I use mine virtually all the time except when I'm in the shower. I have five clocks within the general proximity of my bed; three of which I can easily read and/or access, but I usually just push the button on my LED wristwatch to check the time after dark.

notos&w

Enlightened
I don't take mine off, except occassionally when i mow the grass or work on something particularly prone to serious scratches/other damage.
The reasons are three-fold: 1. why take it off and have to worry about forgetting it? it doesn't get in the way. 2. the band will wear out faster. ok, i admit this is about the cheapest thing you've probably ever heard (i don't split two ply), but it makes sense. watches that are regularly taken on and off do not clasp as well. bracelets aren't cheap or easy to come by. 3. it's my alarm clock.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I'm surprised. I voted "sometimes" and it's running only 3%.

When I was younger I always wore my watch, not only had the tan line but I even had a "dent" in my wrist.

I quit wearing one 24/7 about 6 or 7 years ago. This summer I've started wearing one most of the time, probably because I've been traveling alot more.

I just picked up a new Timex Expedition Indiglo with the built in digital compass. The strap is just barely long enough though. Extremely lightweight and will do all I need it to do and then some. All for under $40.00.

Britt

McGizmo

Flashaholic
My watch only comes off when either it or the band breaks. I have the dent and the permanent tan line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif My heiny has seen a lot more sun than my wrist under the watch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
I take mine off unless I'm traveling. Back in my misspent youth I had a calibrated autowind chronograph, lay it face up and gain about ten seconds over night, face down, lose about ten seconds, stem up/down gain/lose five seconds, 12 o'clock up very little gain/loss. They were adjusted that way by the maker so after a few weeks of checking it you knew which way to place it to cancel out the day's error. Problem was you had to send it to the maker's rep for cleaning (about every two years) no local watch makers would take the time to do it right. Could keep time well within a minute a month if you worked at it. Even had a little wallet chart to track its error if you had access to a radio time signal.

paulr

Flashaholic
Actually, the alarm function is one of the few reasons I ever take mine off at night. If the alarm goes off when my wrist is under the blankets, it may not wake me. So I take the watch off and put it next to the bed when I use the alarm. But I don't use it that often.

Darkaway

Enlightened
I sleep, eat, bathe, work out, and even make love with my Timex Ironman wristwatch on. If I could have it permanently implanted into my wrist, I would happily do so.