Microsoft outlook spam blocking?

kev1-1

Enlightened
Is it possible to block mail from a chosen e-mail address in Microsoft outlook, as you can in outlook express?

was_jlh

Enlightened
Kev, if you're using Outlook 2002, choose Tools -> Organize -> Junk EMail. Then fill in the applicable fields.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
True and you can take the same path to rules and make up your own rules. I still get spammed but I don't get many repeats and the dirty words. They keep mispelling them and I just add the mispelling to the list. I had one that was from a non-existant address that kept coming to me. So in that email I looked at the options and studied the header until I found the real @domain it was coming from and wrote a rule for that. When I write a new rule I have it send the suspect email to a new folder to I can see if it works. Don't want to be permenantly deleting important emails.

This is on my work machine and I'm not supposed to use unsupported software, otherwise I'd use MailWasher. I guess I'm getting about a third of them. It's the repeat offenders I go after. I won't attempt to write rules for all of them because in a week many of them have already figured out how to defeat the rule.

One lady at work kept getting a repeater from a company trying to sell her stuff. Wrote a rule for that using, In the header/@domianNameDotWhatever/Notify with message/play a sound/send to new folder.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I keep getting a nasty spammer in my guestbooks (about once a week)...he uses some kind of script and probably has a broadband connection too, because his repeating messages are only about 15 seconds apart. This morning, I deleted at least 75 of his messages - all the same.
If the guestbook had a filter like this, I could easily eliminate this garbage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

kaseri

Enlightened
You can use a service called "Spamnet". I've used them in the past and it's very effective.