Super Hi-Powered LED Light???

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been lurking around this site for a few years now and my wallet has been hurting ever since. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway, I am now interested in adding and an absolutely blindingly high powered LED based light to my collection. I've done a quick search and came up with a few multiple-LED based lights and wanted to see if anyone could make some recommendations. I'd like to add something with multiple 3W or 5W assemblies for maximum output. I'd be willing to sacrifice runtime for sheer output on this light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I know that Elektrolumens Tri-Star Phaser and Inretech sell multiple LED based lights, and the Hyper Lux V (a single LS) are being offered, but are there any others that really crank out the lumens like these two powerhouses?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Anybody like to offer their personal preferences?

Thanks in advance.

lak

Newly Enlightened
You can also ask Wayne at Elektrolumens to custom make a Pentalux for you using 5x3W S027XA reflectors. It should be considerably cheaper than InReTech.

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem with the MEGA6 (6x5w) is that it needs a HUGE amount of current to operate and the adapters you mentioned use small batteries with very high ESR; the batteries just could not handle the load and might even get very hot and ?

I would advise againest it, if you meed that amount of power/light - you need to supply the flashlight with enough power, and that means weight

Also remember, the SUPER6, SUPER6-III and MEGA6 are VERY wide angle lights, their beam width is approx 170d - not very usefull for normal applications

For the best power/weight ratio, and with a normal beam - I highly suggest the TRILIGHT-III; checkout Craigs review of it with the new CR Reflectors at:

http://insulatorz.home.att.net/tri3.htm

Brightness X Operating_time -> Weight

gessner17

Enlightened
If you really want blindly bright, I think the Pentelux is your best bet, also best bang for the $$$. I have a Pentelux, it has a nice beam and very nice side spill.