Newbie Saying "Hi!"

USMCsilver

Newly Enlightened
Newbie Saying \"Hi!\"

Hello. Nice place. I'm a stranger to the forum, but I am far from a stranger to lights. Hope y'all don't mind me hangin' around and learning more about these things...

surefire.jpg

Surefire_attach.jpg

fivebyfive

Enlightened
Re: Newbie Saying \"Hi!\"

ooooh, pretty firearms and lights. I think you'll get a kick out of what new things you'll learn here on the forums. Welcome to CPF!

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

Welcome! I can see you're halfway to making yourself at home already! Nice start to your collection, if you can still call it that... you have some real nice lights already, but I bet it won't stay that way for long! I suppose since no one's warned you yet, I should... better keep an eye on your wallet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Welcome, USMCsilver! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Semper Fi,

Britt

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

Hi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man you have all that and just got here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif Your wallet is in big trouble!
Welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Hi...welcome to CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif In our little civilization of flashlight world we pledge to spend, invest, and understand new technologies for the sake of lighting up earth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Be prepared to empty your wallet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

USMCsilver

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
pjandyho said:
Hi Hi...welcome to CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif In our little civilization of flashlight world we pledge to spend, invest, and understand new technologies for the sake of lighting up earth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Be prepared to empty your wallet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Lord...it sounds like it's gonna be a bumpy ride! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

K-T

*Moderator*

Welcome to CPF!

Nice hardware /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
USMCsilver said:
Dear Lord...it sounds like it's gonna be a bumpy ride! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
It ain't that bad buddy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, but just be prepared to go with the flow. Your inner self is calling you to spend, spend, spend, and spend... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

GoldenLoki

Newly Enlightened

Howdy USMCsilver!
I remember ya from the gun boards. A guy who likes to work on 1911s could be in BIG TROUBLE if he should delve into flashlight modding.

Big Trouble... HUGE I say!

GL

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fellahs, I'm very interested in the finishes he applies to firearms, definitely some interesting possibilities here for flashlights. Did you check out his website?

USMCsilver

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
BC0311 said:
Fellahs, I'm very interested in the finishes he applies to firearms, definitely some interesting possibilities here for flashlights. Did you check out his website?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're talkin'! I've never thought about paintin' up a light. I should finish my Z2 with the GG&G TID to match this gun:

urbanII.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Welcome to CPF USMCsilver, very nice hardware and pics! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif You should fit in just fine around here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif How tough is the finish you use?

-Mike

batterystation

Enlightened

Funny all the posts about a wallet. Everyone please note that about the only thing of any importance MISSING from the fine picture is the WALLET! Welcome to CPF. Your first assignment is to see the "You know you're a flashaholic if," thread.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Welcome to CPF, USMCsilver, and why dontcha stay awhile!!

Nice to have you aboard, and the wallet ain't in the picture cuz it's already walking off...

welcome again,
daloosh

USMCsilver

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Xrunner said:
How tough is the finish you use?

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Mike. The finish is very tough. You can read a lot about it on the manufacturer's site www.lauerweaponry.com. There's more about it there than you care to read... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

USMCsilver

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
pjandyho said:
BTW, nice gun you have there. Did you keep it in original .45 or mod to a .40?

[/ QUOTE ]

The gun was kept in .45. I don't really care for .40 too much. I have a G23 and a Beretta 96 so no need for more .40's. However, one can not own too many 1911's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Here's a page all about the mods it received:
http://webpages.charter.net/usmcsilver/refinish