A Health Warning-This Stuff is Everywhere Now !

Empath

Flashaholic
Re: A Health Warning-This Stuff is Everywhere Now

Wits' End warned us in October of 2002. DavidW warned us just last year in July. In spite of it all, thousands have either died or suffered losses from this agent. What are we going to have to do?

It's such a kind act to remind us again, Atomic6.

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast

and to think when I was a kid (teen) I would just "Drink" this stuff... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

Though the conditions here rarely allow for the natural formation of the most deadly crystalized kind this stuff, I suspect that someone in my home is mixing it up on purpose!

I stumbled across a large stash of it right under my nose one day while looking for some desert. Having seen this article in the past I knew immediately that I had to destroy it and get it out of my house. I'd planned to speak to the other members of the family as soon as possible and discover who had the DMHO habit...

But the problem gets worse! I checked again a day later and the whole stash had come back! Someone is bringing large amounts of this killed into my very home.

Now i'm afraid. I don't want to confront my family! I'm afraid that they will use the deadly stuff on me while I sleep.

So instead I make it my duty to destroy their stash whenever I find more of it. It's almost as if the fridge were making more all by itself! Nobody could afford to keep purchasing the amount of it that I've flushed.

I don't know what to do...

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

In SoCal, the politicians tell us we need to conserve the stuff! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Larry

verbie

Enlightened

hmm...i still dont know what this is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif can someone tell me in what form does DHMO come in?

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Solid, liquid and vapor. Sometimes I understand you can get it in heavy form and that's really cause for concern! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah I used to drink the stuff too, but now I'll think twice about that. I sometimes see great billowing clouds of the stuff in the sky around here, and now I'm getting concerned.

I know that if it gets into your gas tank then you could destroy the engine, so it really must be bad for human consumption, because I know there's some pretty funky stuff in the car fuel already.

Ye be warned

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Verbie,

It comes in all states of matter. But up here, the "crystalized" form is definately the most problematic.

Empath

Flashaholic

I do want to go on record as opposing any legislation controling it's use. Heaven knows we've got enough laws on the books already. Just let the users know what they're messing with, and then as far as I'm concerned they could even swim in it, if they wanted.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast

I swear a got exposed to this once by sitting on a toilet seat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Then a couple months ago, it came bubbling up as a gas through my sump pump. I didn't know what to do, so I just sealed off the basement doors with those yellow "police line do not cross" tapes you see at crime scenes.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Around here, if you know where to look, you can purchase a large bag of it in "rock" form for less than two bucks. Apparently some people find it to deliver a "soothing" feeling.

In highly purified form, packaged in individual clear synthetic containers, it is now worth many hundreds of times more than it was back in the '70s.

I see people using it everywhere but I won't report it. It's an epidemic.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hey guys,
Perhaps we should send some of this to the middle east hot spots? Nah........ Sorry...... There is enough abuse world wide as it is.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Around here there has been a shortage for a couple of years now, and I for one am glad. All the farmers were using it on crops, and you couldn't avoid getting it in all your fruit and veg.

Since the shortage, the government has become more aware, and they have now issued banns on its use for many purposes, so I think that is a step in the right direction.

I do, however, still find that somebody drenches my car in the stuff almost every morning, and for a month or so now they have been using the more dangerous crystallised form.

It can be very dangerous. Some was put on a log a few years ago and my dad was so badly affected that he was on crutches for about six weeks!