Will UKE eLED lamp work in the UKE 2L?

FNG

Enlightened
I have the 2L and need a new replacement lamp. I looked on Brightguy's website and it states that the eLED lamp will fit into the 2L (not surprised) but was wondering if its safe for it to run on 2x123A's instead of the 4xAA battery config.

nightshade

Enlightened
Yes, the lamp will work fine.It just won't have a long a run-time as alkalines or nimh AA batteries.I really like the new lamps.

FNG

Enlightened
Thanks for the info. Im not sure if I should get the lamp seperately or a whole new light instead.

nightshade

Enlightened
That's a hard choice,I keep one 2l outfitted with the xenon lamp for throw and two more led lights for inspection work. All of mine are very old with the clear bezel. Bought back before they cost $24.00 or more each. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FNG

Enlightened
I saw that you are an electrician. Which one do you keep on your toolbelt? I just ordered a SL Strion a few hours ago to keep on my toolbelt doing contract installation work (satellite). Is the eLED sufficient for inspections?

nightshade

Enlightened
Fng, yes, for me, they make excellent close quarter inspection lights with the led lamp. Most areas that I work in are very confined and usually hot. Being small,waterproof,insulated and having a long run-time make the 2l a excellent choice for my needs. They work very well at distances under 40 feet. I keep one Uke 2l in a Sog Powerlock nylon pouch on my belt. A co-worker gave me the pouch as he dislikes nylon.It's perfect for the 2l and it can be carried horizontally or vertically.I keep a Arc 4 with me at all times too. Great back-up..

FNG

Enlightened
Will probably get the eLED and Xenon lamp next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not get the whole light, i.e. the UKE 4aa eLed? That way you have another light to play with... err... use! On top of that if you get a xenon bulb replacement, you can swap the LAs between both lights as and when you feel like...

FNG

Enlightened
The thing is that id rather use CR123A batts because its not as heavy. Same can be said about swapping the LA's in the UKE 2L body.

paulr

Flashaholic
The eLED head works fine on the 2L, but note that it's a heck of a lot less bright and concentrated than the xenon lamp.

FNG

Enlightened
I know what you mean paulr, thats why most of my lights are still incandescent.