My newest accessory (weapon light)

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
purchased today and shipping in the morning

light link

This is being mounted on my Benelli shotgun.
also got my laser devices ordered for my FN Police pump shotgun, will post it when it arrives.

both will be 9v lights as I plan on loading PILA 150S cells in them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

ygbsm

Enlightened
Nice light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
A couple questions -- Is your Benelli an M1-S90 and if so, do you have a new or old style mag tube (the new being the short tube). Also, what length of barrel are you going to be using with the light? I ask because I imagine you're going to clamp it to the mag tube ahead of the foreend and I'd like to hear what experiences you have after shooting with the mounting particularly if it's going to be on a mag extension. Also, with short barrelled Super 90s w/slugs kicking a bit more than most, I'd like to hear how the package stands uo.
Thanks and keep us posted.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an older H&K import with mag extension. I just ordered a mag tube mount that has a 3 sided picatinney rail. and will use a scope ring to mount the light to the rail.
I also have a NOva pump gun that uses a PILA GL3R and a mount to the mag tube.

The manufacturer of the mounts can be found here
http://www.litemounttech.com/

There are pictures of the other mount models here
http://www.laserdevices.com

My experience is that his mounts are rock solid and do not shoot loose like the typical clamps.

And thanks to al for the advice and discussion we had off board, concerning weapon lights

ygbsm

Enlightened
Those are nice looking mounts and look pretty sturdy. Thanks for the info and links -- the H&K to which you add the mag extension is the one I have shot. I've had not such great expeiences with dot sights mounts and things getting loose/out-of-whack with shooting on the Super 90 -- I also had a friend nearly break his nose shhoting slugs in the S90 with his thumb wrapped around the stock in the usual fashion. The 9 volt lights make the most sense to me so I look forward to hearing about your experiences.

The Nova looks like a pretty slick pump.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The mounts are VERY sturdy. They are about the best I have been able to find. My M1S90 is one of the early H&K imports with pistol grip stock and ghost ring sights.

The guy who manufactures/designs the mounts started as a shooter who could not find a mount that wouldn't shoot loose. His mounts are machined well and lock solid onto the weapon he makes them for. Lets just say I wouldn't want anything less than 9v when light is needed.