Just got my wife an INOVA microlight. Its great!

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just purchased an INOVA microlight from eBay for $8 and I like it! Its powered by two 3V coin lithium cells, has a constant-on switch in addition to the usual momentary-on pressure switch. The great part is its got a really bright white LED and the bulb is recessed into the body for protection against scratching (unlike most other microlights). The batteries are really easy to replace by removing the rubber cover by using your fingernail, no screws or scratching the cover by removing it with a coin or small screwdriver. This one's a keeper!

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you sure you didn't really buy it for yourself, and manage to conceal it as a gift for your wife?
grin.gif
grin.gif
If so, congratulations! You've just learned how to make the maximum number of flashlight purchases, with the minimum number of domestic disputes.
blush.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I don't do ebay, do you know anywhere else to get the Inova Microlight with the constant on switch? (I'll be searching...)
How does the switch work?

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
The switch is on the backside of the light. It just slides forward to lock on. The Inova are nice little lights. I have a green one and my son has a red light(came in a blister pack with a Swiss Army knife). We bought extra's so we both would get one. I didn't know the light locked on, my son found the switch on his and showed me. I had told him it didn't lock on.
smile.gif

Blades

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't blame you, Blades, if you didn't know about the switch. I bought 2 of them and they were the older ones without the switch, which was my only complaint of this very nice light. Have since given them away to special friends, but I *do* miss them - even if they lacked a constant-on switch. IMHO, definitely classier looking than any Photon, and now that they've added the switch, its time to get a couple more
smile.gif

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gotta admit, I did "sort of" buy it for myself too. However, since I spend plenty of time with my wife and her hobbies (I just bought her almost $200 worth of English Tea cups, saucers, etc. for her tea time with friends), she's at a point where she actually supports my flashlight purchases and gave me the "go ahead" to plan on a ~$150 purchase for the upcoming SF Digital A2 and Li battery/charger combo when they come out! Not bragging about her, just saying that if she knows she's a priority in my life, she'll have no problem with a little ol' flashlight here or there. She's a keeper too!

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear Ted the LED, try www.inovalight.com and email or call them for a list of vendors and they should be able to help. I searched some sites and only found the older version without the constant-on feature.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

"...DearTed,
Thank you for your interest in our lights. I would be more than happy to recommend a few of our distributors for you to call. You can call and place an order with Procut at 1-800-356-8507, Moteng (another wholesale distributor; http://www.moteng.com/) at 1-858-715-2500, or Blue Ridge Knives (edit: http://www.blueridgeknives.com/index.html (they say 'to dealers only') at 1-540-783-6143. If we can be of further assistance to you, please let us know.
--
Info Desk
Emissive Energy Corp.
..."
-----------------------------
cool.gif
edit
smile.gif
Inova just emailed me that these places will sell the lights to private individuals...
smile.gif

Daytona

Newly Enlightened
I have seen the lights in Fry's up at Sacramento, CA. If anyone is living up there you can take a look. (Not sure if other Fry's down at the Bay Area have them though)

Daytona

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ted the Led:
I don't do ebay, do you know anywhere else to get the Inova Microlight with the constant on switch? (I'll be searching...)
How does the switch work?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got mine from holtz58. Check the buy/sell page. He's selling the Inova X5 but does sell the Microlite too. TX