CR2 ARC AA Mod

Jets22

Enlightened
Wanted to post a couple pics of the little "WOW" light I had to build for fun.. It's a new Arc AA that has been gutted.. The body was cut and sectioned at the bottom to retain the split ring attatchment point. The I.D has been bored to except a CR-2 3V cell and the proper length was removed from the main body for the new battery configuration. The head has been bored out and modified to fit Waynes MM+ converter and a very nice TXOJ 3W emitter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif....I set the emitter to give the best beam possible.. I also had to treat the surrounding emitter base with some toxic green glow powder for effect.. Comes in just a hair over 2 inches and packs alot of WOW factor in a small package for sure.. Thought you guys would like a look..

web page web page web page web page

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Yeah, only for skiing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

How many , PM me, the other don't need this flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif And I have received 12 CR2 Batteries from Battery Station /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hideo

Enlightened
I think we should all work on getting Pascal interested in a hobby other than flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hideo

Jets22

Enlightened
Yes...sadly, we all know if I post pics, there not going to be very good pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif...

This is one of my favorite conversions to date actually .. I've wanted to build a little hand scortcher pocket light... and this covers those bases for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alot of machine work time in the conversion of the body and head however..then you have the cost of the AA itself plus the electronics and select emitter..it does add up quick.. But it's blindlingly bright (my wife can verify this...I kept blinding her with it last night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif)

Kiessling

Flashaholic
not bad Brock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I bet Pascal is drooling like seldom before ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
bernhard

marcspar

Enlightened
Brock,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

When do we start bidding?

Marc

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FrenchyLed said:
...PM me, the other don't need this flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif And I have received 12 CR2 Batteries from Battery Station /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif You go Pascy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Brock....man....this is a jewel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

I was particularly pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself making it.

Guys like me and Pascy, Marc and so many others just love the H out of the stuff you make and want to scoop it up as soon as you show it to us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Good to hear the increasing popularity and demand for your lights doesn't keep you manacled to your lathe too much of the time.

But, this little CR2 Arc AA mod has me looking askance at my Arc AA. I've even got a leather sheath already that I think your CR2 Arc would nestle in nicely.

Britt

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
TnC, that could put neat little CR2 powered, high performance lights within reach of alot more CPFers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif Britt

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
TnC_Products said:
Maybe I will see what I can do about making a light that uses the cr2 cell.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

srue

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
TnC_Products said:
Maybe I will see what I can do about making a light that uses the cr2 cell.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you may know, tvodrd has posted some "open" info on how to produce a great light. Here is a thread with reference links. Maybe you could use it as a guide.