Arc5 = 66 lumens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frangible

Enlightened
Well, I've been catching up on Arc news, and appearently the Arc 5 might end up being twice as bright or so as the Arc 4, which rates in at 33 lumens... which means that theoretically the Arc 5 could be 66 lumens? Wow. That's brighter than my Surefire L4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If it had identical effeciency, that would mean about 30 minutes of battery life. Pretty bright for those 30 minutes, though.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. I thought this was some new confirmed/tested information that came out on the Arc5 in the last couple of days.

Curtis

gtwace

Enlightened
The ultimate EDC from HDS already boost a 60 lumens output so the led used on Arc5 should be able to produce it. Infact, if the circuit allows more overdrive, I believe it can go higher, but at the expense of shorter bulb life and runtime.

*Retired*
Peter said they push a max of 600mA to the luxeon.

At 600mA, most my luxeons are 3.6V, so 3.6V * 600mA = 2.16W,
so they should be able to easily blow past 60 lumens with a 5W device, depending on the Luxeon efficiency. A typical Luxeon V, such as the LXHL-PW03 is listing a typical lumen output of 120 lumens. Alot of the actual output will depend on how aggressively the ARC5 gets rid of the Luxeon's heat, how much additional heat is contributed by the converter (efficiency), how reflective the reflector surface is, and what the bezel window is made from.

Status
Not open for further replies.