• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Wanted - tvodrd's CRII

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Wanted - tvodrd\'s CRII

There's some auctions coming up. Be ready to open your wallet very wide. They are great lights.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want one also. I want the tungsten version.

Thanks

Curtis

Greta

Flashaholic

Do you guys want it for auction or for raffle? Should we start a poll? Either way, there will be a CR2 II going on the block on Sunday evening... and ya never know what other "goodies" might be thrown in... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast

Raffle, can't afford an auction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

A raffle would make it more fair to many CPFers, and likely bring in more $$$. Just MHO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened

How about limiting the raffle tickets to 20 and then auction the raffle tickets. The highest 20 bids get the tickets. Kind of a dutch auction except you pay what you bid. I'm sure someone can make it more complicated than that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm for the auction unless you have two, then one auction, one raffle.

Or maybe a raffle that has a set number of tickets. That way the rich guys can hedge the probabilities by buying all the tickets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

A raffle would be my preference- I agree with LEDmodMans comments.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said:
A raffle would make it more fair to many CPFers, and likely bring in more $$$. Just MHO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I too agree with this. It does brings more money to both the modder and CPF. It also allows many that could not possibly bid on it to actually have a chance.

mut

FNinjaP90

Enlightened

That tungsten model is sexy. He should have it plated with tungsten carbide.

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened

Actually raffles don't bring modders any money. That would not be legal me thinks here . But Larry is giving the light to CPF as he is a most generous individual. So in that spirit, I guess a raffle is more appropriate.

srue

Newly Enlightened

I'd definitely be in for a raffle. Maybe with a 5 ticket limit or something similar?

mpetty

Newly Enlightened

I sure would like to have one of these lights. A raffle is the only way for me.

Mike

GoldenLoki

Newly Enlightened

A raffle would generate more interest a.k.a. MONEY. I see no point in limiting or restricting the number of entries, since that would also limit the amount of money raised.

GL

hideo

Enlightened

I want one also. I want the tungsten version.

I want the enriched uranium version, myself and I'm willing to wait for it ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

seriously, I'be up for the raffle as well versus the auction ... though it's fun to cut loose occasionally for a good cause (or two), I think the auction gives those of us on a fixed income some chance at a dream light ... and folks like Frenchy and Britt can just buy a whole bunch of tickets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

hideo

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think a raffle gives everyone a chance to win regardless of their purchasing power. If someone has more money to burn, then he can simply buy more tickets. If you have two of the same items for CPF, then auction one off and raffle off the other one.

Greta

Flashaholic

Ok... a raffle it will be! I will have Larry post it on Sunday evening and you all can start purchasing tickets then. Larry and I still have a few minor details to work out... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif